Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Simplest possible photo editing software?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anything out there simpler than Photoshop Elements? For adjusting of levels, cropping and the like. She mostly uses MS Paint currently which has some crude level adjustment in W7 – something like that with a few more options maybe.

somouk
    Free Member

GIMP is pretty good for doing most things and is free.

poonprice
    Free Member

Maybe Google Picasa? It really a photo organiser but does basic touch up stuff. Photoscape is another free piece of software that has some good features or Paint.NET but thats an advanced MS Paint really, so a little like PS Elements

D0NK

office 2010 photo editor, autocorrect, red eye and crop is the limit of my photoshoppery, probably not enough options for your purposes I guess.

molgrips
    Free Member

Last time I tried GIMP it was unintelligible to me, so I can’t imagine my wife would get very far if she finds Elements a challenge.

I’ll try those ones you mention poonprice

DezB
    Free Member

Easiest is to upload to Google Picasa or Google+ and use the editing facilities on there.
    I use an old copy of PaintShop Pro 7 for everything else because it’s simple and quick. (Email me if you want it.)

_tom_
    Free Member

Picasa is very easy to use. My 80 year old Grandma can use it for simple photo editing without supervision/instruction, so it can’t be that bad!

stcolin
    Free Member

Instagram.

cp

Picasa is great – very simple but with some handy tools. And it’s a great photo indexer.

clubber
    Free Member

pixlr.com is good for using online.

mogrim

Paint .Net, or Google Picasa.

grum
    Free Member

Lightroom is much better than Photoshop Elements for simple photo editing, but might still seem complicated to some.

schnor
    Free Member

Irfanview is pretty good TBH

colournoise

Clubber and mogrim have it.

For sub-photoshop stuff, Pixlr and Paint.net are the go-to apps.

Drac

Snapseed.

I do 90% of my editing in Picasa

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Picassa unless you want to do proper manipulation etc.

Excellent photo organiser too.

Trekster
    kayak23

Picasa fo shizzle. Great and free. You can add lots of funky effects too if that’s your thing. Very intuitive. I use it to import and do basic stuff, then photoshop does the rest.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Simplest possible photo editing software?’ is closed to new replies.