Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Simple Videos for Blog/Youtube
  • Shandy
    Free Member

I need to make some basic videos for Youtube. Any tips or links on filming for Youtube, editing for numpties, and setting up a channel would be much appreciated!

Thanks

PlopNofear
    Free Member

What sort of videos? Vlogs? MTB videos?

One of the key issues is make sure it is high-ish quality, people don’t want to watch videos that are barely recognisable. Most people upload 720p videos, which if you don’t have a fast internet connection can take a while to upload i.e. many hours.

At first the videos you are allowed to upload are limited to iirc 5 minutes I think. Once you have got a few views on some videos you can upload videos that are 15 minutes long.

When editing the videos you can try to compress the file size down so it is quicker to upload, but you need to make sure that no video quality is lost.

Just use Windows Movie Maker as a start, depending on what sort of stuff you are going to upload. If you just need cutting segments, adding music and simple functions that should be enough.

Make your Youtube account username inline with what you are uploading, making it easier to find if people search for it.

To begin with shamelessly post your videos to places where you think people will be interested in it. Once you have a thousand or so views a video or two you will be able to monetise your videos so that adverts are placed on your videos and you can gain money. I recently did this with my account but I don’t have enough views yet to get a significant amount of money from YT. I think it is like £20 minimum payment from them.

HTH

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Simple Videos for Blog/Youtube’ is closed to new replies.