Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Simple things that would make you very slightly happier in 2017
  • angeldust
    Free Member

What little thing would make you very slightly happier in 2017? They don’t need to change the world, or even make it a better place. Sanctimonious [rudeword]ery not required. I’ll start:

New album from Tool.

singlespeedstu

My new frame that I ordered over six months ago to turn up.

Hicksy
    Free Member

I already have a plan – I’m going back to not watching/listening to the news, and not reading anything about politics!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Free beer.

P-Jay
    Free Member

The words “hosepipe ban” being used on the News, in May, until Oct.

I’m aware this is quite selfish and it causes all sorts of problems, but sod it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Going to be onstage doing a “Q&A” with a Dutch audience for the first time in Feb. Hope I don’t freeze… 😯

smell_it
    Free Member

Sunshine.

dantsw13

Getting on top of my garden.

Andy-R

Yes, sunshine and not so much dismal, grey crap – whatever the time of year.

ferrals
    Free Member

Yep a proper blue skies, fluffy clouds and light wind summer please

scud
    Free Member

Just earn a little bit more money, been redundant 3 times in 5 years with a £12k pay drop. Money itself doesn’t mean much to me, i have a house, lovely wife and daughter, but it restricts being able to get the best T1 diabetes care for my daughter, means i drive a car i worry will start each time i get and have to turn down events and places i’d love to go to.

rickmeister

Katie Hopkins / Patio interface

jam-bo

Not getting a succession of minor but irritating illnesses that really hamper getting fit and fast.

Klunk
    Free Member

going by today a stool softener.

grannyjone
    Free Member

More money. £45k a year isnt enough these days

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

More live music. It’s out there, not too far away, but I’m a lazy git…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I want to wear boardshorts again, wetsuits and boots suck bawls.

hooli

A nice dry spring and summer would do for me.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

People to smile at each other, to say please and thank you and to hold doors open for each other.

Rorschach
    Free Member

The Apocalypse.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Considerate drivers

wilburt
    Free Member

More lady lurve

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Nailing the full planche and finally deciding which motorbike i’m going to buy.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Getting out more – walking, running, riding… anything really… perhaps a spot of surfing too if that’s okay.

May try and give myself a little more time too for photography and get back upto speed there. This last year or two have been a little disappointing on that front.

That will do me. I want to finish 2017 a little bit more myself than I have been in a while.

funkmasterp

Getting back out on the bike

milleboy
    Free Member

Life not being a constant sequence of rubbish stuff would infinitely improve my life. 2016 has been pretty dreadful.

stumpyjon

Losing a couple of stone, sleeping better and riding my bike again, hmm 2 out of those 3 are totally in my control and the 3rd may result from the other 2. So to be happier I’ve got to ride my bike….stranger things have happened.

Kryton57

Winning a significant deal. Its not the commission, its the sense if achievement and specifically confirmation that my career move to Sales was the right one.

molgrips
    Free Member

80kg and an above average rating from work for a change.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Some decent sex. ’16 wasn’t too bad tho.

rone

Not getting a succession of minor but irritating illnesses that really hamper getting fit and fast.

Yep.

ourmaninthenorth

1. Leave the current jobwith a pay off and straight into a new gig (or go contracting).
    2. Lose 3 stone.
    3. Argue much less with Mrs North
    4. Actually do the extension and lift conversion we’ve been putting off for the past 5 years.
    5. Be allowed by the medics to resume some meaningful exercise.

bearnecessities

Some decent sex.

Try indecent instead.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Better health.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Customers turning up with receipts for stuff they have ordered instead of having to play guessing games every five minutes.

gordimhor

That people who are close to me still be close to me

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Cure for T1 Diabetes please. Having been diagnosed 20 years ago, it’s getting fairly tedious now

mikey74
    Free Member

Sex
    Lack of depression
    Finally deciding what I’m going to do with my geology course (possibly continue on and do the BSc, but do I need to justify this beyond enjoyment?)

stgeorge

The list is long but how about

1. A footballer being touched above the neck and not reacting as though he’s been hit by Lucille.
    2. Red sock brigade cheering up a bit and not being so bloody miserable when meeting a cyclist on a Bridleway.
    3.Roadies cheering up a bit and not being so bloody miserable when meeting a mtb’er on a road.
    4. All dog owners clearing up after their dogs (Although this would make me really happy, not just very slightly)
    5. Cats being restrained to their owners’ gardens/property, dunno how but electric fences, explosive collars and minefields could be used.
    6.Bit more sun, like 1976 more!
    7.Bit more snow, like 1963 more!
    8.In the future I would like to see less use of the phrase “going forward” .
    9.People realising they can refuel their car no matter which side the pump is.
    10.Less pensioners going shopping Saturday morning.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Returning to my Boxing Day 2015 flood damaged house, sometime within the next month or two. 12 months now and almost certainly another month or two before I move back in. Was initially lovely renting a holiday home in the Yorkshire Dales courtesy of the insurance company, but novelty worn off and I’ve been ready to go home for a few months now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Simple things that would make you very slightly happier in 2017’ is closed to new replies.