Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Simple smartphone?
  • cudubh

My father who is 79 has decided he wants a new phone and is looking for my advice. He wants a smartphone, for no reason that I can fathom other than that he does like gadgets. He would use it for email, some photographs, occasional browsing and texts and voice calls, nothing too challenging. He has a Nokia Lumia something at the moment that he has never really got on with brilliantly. He does like his Hudl so maybe an android phone? Any suggestions?

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got a cheapo Sony Xperia ?3 (don’t know what model). Give it a swerve. It isn’t very good. The cheapo Samsung Galaxy Ace that I had before it was far more intuitive, but the battery life and connectivity weren’t great.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

moto g ?

cudubh

Just read a review of the moto g. Sounds pretty good

PePPeR

Another vote for a Moto g here, I’ve just had to take a Lumia off my 83 year old friend, he bought it 4 months ago and he hasn’t been able to answer a call yet!

matt_outandabout

Moto G here for my 13 year old son and 73 year old father. Both get on with it just fine, although one has a raft of apps and texts already and one has the bare basics from Google and nothing else.

ourmaninthenorth

Doro – designed for the older user.

cudubh

Will look into doro, but the moto g sounds promising

Thanks folks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Simple smartphone?’ is closed to new replies.