Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Simple pleasures
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Woke up this morning, grabbed my bag and kit, took the bike down the lift and rolled out. Popped by my favourite coffee place to see when they opened. They were closed but the lady recognised me and told me to ignore the times as if she’s inside she’ll make coffee. She made my coffee, sold me a bag of coffee for work and I got to sit in the morning haze (sun has yet to burn through) reading, drinking coffee and listening to Mogwai before a quick spin to the office.

Simple pleasures but it’s set the day off nicely. What’s done this for you today (or recently)?

leffeboy

Even thinking about that makes me smile 🙂

I simply put the wheels with slicks on the moonter instead of the knobblies this morning, pumped them up hard and enjoyed the extra speed on the ride in for once. lovely

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My view of the beach and the sunshine out of the hotel window this morning. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

the fact my boss is working from home this morning.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Using my cx bike for the commute to work this morning along a lovely dry flowing empty footpath.

racefaceec90

playing my guitar (and finally being able to play something that i have been trying to learn)
    actually riding my bike in fine weather (i plan on doing so this week 😀
    just found my headphones for my phone.now i can listen to my music whilst drinking coffee today (when i do my washing at launderette 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Early rise, watching the mist clear off the sea and river near me to reveal the blazing sun, loaded the van up with the bike and gear for a late ride in the forests tonight.

Most amazing.

Watching MrsBouy off on another of her Projects away from home for another 2 weeks is met with mixed emotions (get out on the bike more, miss her like crazy, don’t like seeing her upset)

Most confused.

hillsplease

Sunshine in Manchester and the Mrs Hillplease saying ‘why don’t you get out on your bike for acouple of hours this evening.’

Fabulous.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Night Ride last night, stunning weather, trails in good nick, no injuries & a pint or two afterwards

rocketman
    Free Member

would be quite happy to be able to simply get on the fricken bike and ride it

fricken injuries I hate them I feel like a bird in a cage 🙁

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Getting out on my bike last light for a proper ride, the first time since recovering from Flu and finding out my heart rate is back to normal, meaning I can step up training again. 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Danger w… without the danger element.

ourmaninthenorth

Watched the tractor with the hay bob in the field behind my garden last night.

(I’d have had a beer if it wasn’t for iDave.)

stevew
    Free Member

Day off yesterday with Mrs SteveW road bike ride around Thrixendale in the Wolds, bliss….

The only blip was when I opened the car boot to get the bikes out and she ‘when did you get that bike….’ – oops!!

hora
    Free Member

Drinking Carnation milk out of the tin. Naughty.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Sunshine in Manchester, drinking great coffee on the balcony, wondering how it might be improved. Then get a text from my girlfriend telling me that she’s managed to get rid of her husband for a couple of hours this evening and she’s going to be waiting all lubed up!

Fabulous!

zimbo
    Free Member

Seeing two horses lazing in the hazy 6:30am sunshine on patch of grass on a Gateshead housing estate – a curious splash of bucolic beauty in a mostly-urban ride to work…

globalti
    Free Member

Told my wife I have a business meeting in Manchester for a couple of hours this evening and she texted to reply “no problem, I’m happy on my own”. Now all I’ve got to do is hide down the road with my mates until the boyfriend appears then give the bloke a good beating.

hora
    Free Member

Then get a text from my girlfriend telling me that she’s managed to get rid of her husband for a couple of hours this evening and she’s going to be waiting all lubed up!

A few points we can draw from this:
    – You have a friend with benefits (Are you Sheldon?)
    – Or you are FatSimon
    – A few STW’ers will be checking the whereabouts of their wives this evening
    – You have to use Lube?

atlaz
    Free Member

hora – the main point we can draw from this is you didn’t read the entire thread. I’m guessing samcooke was having a little nod of the head towards hillsplease and globalti is doing the next step

hora
    Free Member

Just as bikes can backpedal, so can I 8)

portlyone

Planning a quick ride in Delamere this afternoon. thinking of the dry(ish) trails and sun beaming through the trees…

racefaceec90

my local m & s are selling Mediterranean loaf again 😀 i can not put into words how happy i am 😀

fasthaggis

The forest this morning,sunlight through the trees,two less layers than last week,no one around ,getting all my fav bumps just right .
    I love my commute 😀

hora
    Free Member

That reminds me.

June is

HONEY MANGO MONTH :mrgreen:

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The nice midday snooze, in the dappled shade of a tree that I had at lunch time

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not driving the car.

Last week I took the scooter to work in Luton as it was in the garage, this week I’ve driven to St Ives, Cambs, and walked to work from the hotel, cycled into Cambridge yesterday evening, and next week it’ll be the motorbike for 2 weeks as we’re off to the TT. Driven twice in 4 weeks.

Ahh. That’s better. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or you are FatSimon

Or for da old skooooool, innit! 🙂

D0NK

A few points we can draw from this:
    – You have a friend with benefits (Are you Sheldon?)
    – Or you are FatSimon

or you are replying to hillsplease’s post

_tom_
    Free Member

Listening to Blink 182 on the way to the skatepark to ride bmx, I am 14 again 😀

D0NK

riding to work in the sunshine was pretty cool.
    Knowing I’ll be out later is also cool.
    Thinking I’ll stop for a pint and watch the sunset before the last downhill to home is also pretty cool.
    simple pleasures indeed.

atlaz
    Free Member

Last week I took the scooter to work

PeterPoddy last week…

yossarian
    Free Member

woke up proper early this morning (4am) and sat outside under a big willow tree with amug of coffee listening to the dawn chorus with a lovely cool breeze coming in off the sea. the moment was interupted by a loud fart from one of my sleeping kids. Given that the house was 100ft away, prevailing wind accepted, i was both proud and disturbed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

globalti – Member
    Told my wife I have a business meeting in Manchester for a couple of hours this evening and she texted to reply “no problem, I’m happy on my own”. Now all I’ve got to do is hide down the road with my mates until the boyfriend appears then give the bloke a good beating.

So how’d it go?

Murray

Tracing the annoying / worrying creak when I pull up on my right grip to the stem face plate and fixing it.

lunge

A couple of hours in the road bike last night on empty roads in the evening sun. Only interrupted by finding some village cricket to watch for 15 mins. Came home and listened to the birds singing in the garden. Happy days.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Simple pleasures’ is closed to new replies.