Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Simple looking corners that give you loads of trouble
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

Oi. Brave now your back behind your key board eh dons belly twin. 😯

jedi

pmsl 🙂

singlespeedstu

It's just that there wasn't time to take the piss enough during the ride…

saladdodger
    Free Member

Bet you do not want my advice 😆

TheSwede
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member

It's just that there wasn't time to take the piss enough during the ride…
    There was quite a bit of time wasted waiting at the bottom of that LITTLE drop for you to decide to walk down it. 😀

singlespeedstu

I needed you to tell me which foot to put down. 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

You had better use both when walking. 😛

singlespeedstu

That's where I went wrong then.

I though it was a hopping contest…

solamanda
    Free Member

Despite what you think you are probably trying to turn into the corner too early and then that makes taking the correct inside line harder. Try turning in much later, slightly slower and turn sharp on the solid ground before the roots.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Or you could have tried the free mince ball crusher lite maneuver as I demonstrated on the next drop.

singlespeedstu

solamanda – Member

Despite what you think you are probably trying to turn into the corner too early and then that makes taking the correct inside line harder. Try turning in much later, slightly slower and turn sharp on the solid ground before the roots.

That's all well and good but not as entertaining as a drunken Swede. 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

I'll have you know merely three sheets to the wind when I was instructing young jedi on the complications that he may well meet when tackling a tricky root.

jedi

🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Why not just do a bit of trail maintenance and cut a big section of the main tree root out? Simples 😀

votchy
    Free Member

Swede – when you gonna venture out with the Clent Duffer's jeycorefreemincelite posse?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Its a bit of a late one for me mark by the time i get back if I come over in the week but weekend rides are all ways doable Free this sunday ? Possibly taking a newbie mate out for his first ride so the delightfull stench of the wyre bog may be just enough entice the fool.

noteeth
    Free Member

Is that Stockhill Woods, Buzz?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I think its Rowberrow DH.

That said, there's a couple of sections in stockhill that do look just like that.

votchy
    Free Member

Its a bit of a late one for me mark by the time i get back if I come over in the week but weekend rides are all ways doable Free this sunday ? Possibly taking a newbie mate out for his first ride so the delightfull stench of the wyre bog may be just enough entice the fool.

Will let you know about Sunday, think Mick might be available to guide us round, don't forget your armbands 😀

noteeth
    Free Member

That said, there's a couple of sections in stockhill that do look just like that.

Yeah – second photo especially so. Back in the day, a trip to Blackdown was always rounded off by messing around in Stockhill Woods/Priddy Mineries. But that was before we were old enough to drink. 😀

God, I can't wait to get back to the S/W.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

MrsOfficer and I made the move back in 2001 after nearly 7 years away. So glad we did.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was out with a big group round Brechfa last summer, including some novice/learner riders.

I gave the same advice as Jedi, "Outside pedal down as you corner, all the time. Put your weight through that, and you'll just get faster!"

At first there was sceptism. Then we hit the big berms on the Raven and they all tried it…..and loved it!

Such an easy technique to pick up, and it really helps.

noteeth
    Free Member

So glad we did.

I should be in a position to move back by the end of this year – I can't wait…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I never have problems with cornering. As this short video clip illustrates 😉

glenp
    Free Member

Why are you unweighting over the root? That is what is breaking your grip. Just ignore the root and press the bike into the ground as normal.

glenp
    Free Member

Hairscary said it

Take away the roots and it would be simple.

So do that – take the roots away in your mind and let the bike follow the bumps and keep traction.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Simple looking corners that give you loads of trouble’ is closed to new replies.