Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Simple invoicing software for a sole trader?
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

In a nutshell, I need to reduce the amount of time I’m spending invoicing. I teach guitar in schools and have to invoice each student individually every half term. Obviously half terms vary in length and occasionally I need to refund lessons etc

Is there a simple software that lets me set up a generic invoice, then just enter the number of lessons to be received in and hey presto (obviously I’d like said software to then email invoice to the students parents)

Bit of a technophobe here so any help is appreciated.

edlong
    Free Member

Quickbooks seems to be a popular choice

fannybaws
    Free Member

xero

maccruiskeen

Stuff like quickbooks is the whole package – as in all your accounting, tracking your invoices and expenses, generating your tax return and the rest. If you want that then its great, but if you only want to type send an invoice then theres probably a template for word that does that (theres definitely one for Pages on mac amongst the standard templates – has a little spread sheet embedded in the doc so tally’s up all your totals automatically as you type them in.

IHN

theres probably a template for word that does that (theres definitely one for Pages on mac amongst the standard templates – has a little spread sheet embedded in the doc so tally’s up all your totals automatically as you type them in.

Yup, you can do it in Word, I do it for my contracting invoices

windyg
    Free Member

I use https://www.waveapps.com/ for all my accounting

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Zoho, has a load of other stuff in there but you can record per student and keep a history plus any other notes on them.

linchpin
    Free Member

You definitely want to use something like Xero or Kashflow. Doing them in word or excel is fine but they’re not filed anywhere, and mistakes are easy to make.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I use https://www.getharvest.com as I need to track time, create recurring invoices, setup retainers. Small monthly cost but might be of use to you.

myti
    Free Member

Wave accounting is great and it’s free.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

*induces Canadian accent*

Freshbooks!

edlong
    Free Member

Stuff like quickbooks is the whole package – as in all your accounting, tracking your invoices and expenses, generating your tax return and the rest. If you want that then its great, but if you only want to type send an invoice then theres probably a template for word that does that

If you’re raising invoices you’ll obviously need to account for them, and associated payments etc, I can’t see why you’d want to do all that manually when there’s cheap and easy software that’ll do it all for you. Word templates will just give you bits of paper with “invoice” printed at the top and you’ll have to do everything else yourself, far more time consuming I’d have thought.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Quickbooks

markusbeiermann
    Free Member

I always prefer accounting software ZipBooks. QB is pricey and I don’t like the interface of SAGE.

A decent small business accounting software proves very helpful in day-to-day maintenance of inflow and outflow of accounts. It enables you to keep a fair detail of your revenues and expenses that help you in making business forecasting.

johndoh
    Free Member

I use Freeagent myself – very few hiccups in the last 6 or so years of using it, it does everything I need it to do (and much more) and the support is very good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Simple invoicing software for a sole trader?’ is closed to new replies.