Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Sim only deals. giffGaff
  • brickwizard
    Free Member

Thinking of going onto sim only 30 day contract as Orange can’t offer me anything decent after more than 10 years with them. They can’t even price match T Mobile though I thought they wer all the same company.
    Anyone tried giffGaff??

nbt

Been with then for almost twelve months now, I’m just PAYG as I don’t use the phone much but not had too many issues. They use the o2 network so coverage can be ropy unless you’re in a pretty metropolitan area

IF you mail me for a link, I can give you a referral which will get you £5 off your first bill

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Yes. It’s great! No issues for me or my Mrs in 18 months use.

flap_jack
    Free Member

I do the unlimited broadband £12 a month. No minutes nor text, but then I don’t have friends so that doesn’t matter. So far brilliant for UK. Roaming expensive, but I don’t go overseas much.

oldboy
    Free Member

Me and the GF have been on Giffgaff PAYG for over 12 months now, mainly for the free calls and texts between us both. Unfortunately, reception is usually s**t. Not sure if it’s the O2 coverage, my house out in the country, or Giffgaff itself. Why am I staying with them? Well, it’s cheap and I’m a tight Yorkshire git!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Giffgaffs good. Occasional outage. Once a year

https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wysiwyg

Click thru to order your free sim and you get a fiver credit and I get some points

nickjb
    Free Member

Very happy so far. You can sort out most issues on line, not that I’ve had many, rather than a call centre. Price is good. If it doesn’t work try something else as there is no contract.

£5 bonus credit if you order through a referral so see if any of your friends are on it. If not you can use mine: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/nickjbanks

Edit. One problem is you feel compelled to share referral links 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Fine, although (on an iPhone) it seems to have annoying knack of resetting data/mms settings if you travel around the country. Really odd – did it to me last weekend when travelling from Leeds to London – and that wasn’t the first time either.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Been fine for me apart from the occasional data, or voice and text outage. Been with them for about 2-3 years now. For the price you can’t complain, but I’d not advise having it for your work or critical phone.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

yes i did giffgaff for a bit and liked it very much. only prob was that my old phone started to die and it was then better to go on a contract again.

singlecrack
    Free Member

still waiting for my giffgaff sim …8 weeks now.. 😯

good job its for a second phone

geoffj

Have a loom at ovivo as an alternative http://www.ovivomobile.com

meeeee
    Free Member

+1 ovivo

hexhamstu
    Free Member

The forum rules – No posting of referral links and codes where the poster will benefit financially or otherwise.

breadcrumb

Virgins sim only are good value, uses orange/t-mobile masts too.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Singlecrack – wow, 8 weeks? All the ones I’ve sent or ordered arrived in a few days. I have a spare, email in profile if you want me to pop it in 1st class post to you.

skids
    Free Member

A lot of my family is on giffgaff, it is decnet, good value. The 3G coverage is not the best but they are all crap like that apart from 3

jet26
    Free Member

Virgin – 15 quid a month for unlimited everything. Amazing deal….

nickjb
    Free Member

Giffgaff is £12 for unlimited internet and text and more minutes that it is possible to use.

breadcrumb

I can’t fault the 3G coverage on Virgin. It’s mostly on H, even up here in Cumbria.

northend1881
    Free Member

I’m with Jet26 – Virgin unlimited cheap and fast!!

just5minutes
    Free Member

Virgin use EE for their network but cap the downloads at 3 meg.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Sim only deals. giffGaff’ is closed to new replies.