Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SIM Free Android around £100 – Moto G or anything else?
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

As title – any recommendations?

Ta

RDL-82
    Free Member

Can’t really add anything else to consider. However if you get the retail/sim free Moto G then its been updated to the latest android 4.4.4 and Motorola have commited to also updating to Android L when its released so you won’t have to worry about it being our of date right away.

Good phone though. Picked one up after dropping my Nokia 820, and was only planning it as a go between. No intention of changing it anytime soon.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

What is the battery life in real use? My current Samsung is dead after about 8 hours and thats not even using it much.

RDL-82
    Free Member

For me I generally get a day with about 30% left when I plug it in at night. That’ll cover strava for commute both ways with music player on. Some browsing when killing time plus general texting/email etc.
    All in all seems a pretty decent battery. Certainty beats the Nokia with the same usage pattern. Reckon could easily get two days out of it without the strava or music of needed.

riddoch

Moto E is good too, I think I paid about £70 for it. Just been updated to Android 4.4.4 over the air.
    Not as much internal storage but does take microsd plus claims to be splash resistant.

apj
    Free Member

Moto E camera is utterly terrible however, as I wish I’d found out before buying it. I’d assumed a modern smartphone would be reasonable quality and at least have autofocus and a flash, turns out it doesn’t.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I think you can get a payg Moto G in Tesco for £69, then get it unlocked for a few quid.

brianp
    Free Member

Wife just bought me a Moto G 4G Sim Free for £10. We had £64 on Tesco Clubcard Points which we doubled on their offer, so only had £10 to pay. Well pleased with it. I don’t actually use a phone that much so kept with old Sim, they did a Sim swap for me,, and I turned off data roaming so only use home wifi . Camera is ok too. Only spent 30p running so far. Will buy low cost/free 4g sim as and when I use phone for mapping rides etc.
    Brian

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SIM Free Android around £100 – Moto G or anything else?’ is closed to new replies.