Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SIM Card Swapping
  • smiffy

I have two phones; a battered but working old Nokia and a posh smart one. I want to use the Nokia on the bike as it owes me nothing if I crash or get wet. anyone know if it harms to keep swapping the SIM over or are they as robust as they seem? Cheers.

Cougar

If you ruin the SIM you can go to your provider and say “give me a new SIM please.” I’ve always had them replaced (by O2 on contract) for free without question when I’ve had problems with them.

If the SIM holder wears out, then it’s new phone time. I’ve had this happen on an old Nokia, but bodged it with a bit of card wedged behind the SIM to secure it.

joemarshall
    Free Member

We have tons of sim cards at work and they get swapped around loads with no problems.

If the SIM holder wears out, then it’s new phone time.

Or cheap replacement part from ebay plus a small screwdriver. Mending things like that on phones is usually pretty easy. Although with most modern phones they got rid of cheap plastic sim holders, so it shouldn’t be a massive problem.

simon_g

I just forward calls to a PAYG SIM card in my old Nokia. Saves faff (especially with modern micro-SIM cards these days), and it’s only for emergency contact (which would be a call, not text) or to raise the alarm if there was an accident.

smiffy

thanks all.

Cougar

I just forward calls to a PAYG SIM card in my old Nokia.

The only problem with that is (depending on tariff) you pay call charges for the forwarded calls.

simon_g

As I say, emergency use only – plus my “main” phone has more minutes than I know what to do with anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SIM Card Swapping’ is closed to new replies.