Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Silverfish – Woeful customer service
  • beanieripper
    Free Member

Is it just me or are the staff at Silverfish too busy making coffee or reading the sun to be bothered with their customer base. I emailed them regarding a bolt size for a crank and was told to contact my lbs as they could probably find me something, couldnt even be arsed to answer my question.! Emailed them again for a spare part which I can’t find online and was directed to their dealer finder which doesnt work. Most unhelpful people in the bike industry i’ve ever dealt with. Anyone ever had a helpful response from them??

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone ever had a helpful response from them?

Yes, they replaced my frame under warranty within 2 weeks and replied to a query once. Took a while to reply, but not as long as Raceface did.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

totally the opposite for me, some queries regarding formula brakes, all answered and sorted the same day….think they are very good personally, perhaps just got one of the unhelpful team, every business has them…

qcamel
    Free Member

My experience matches that of beanieripper… Lack of care or promptness…

beanieripper
    Free Member

Well i hope so, maybe i’ve caught them on an off day, twice..

bigyinn
    Free Member

What crank, we’ll probably know. 😉

geoffj

Are they setup to deal with queries of the op’s type?
    I’d assumed that’s what the retailers are for?
    Why have an agreement with a dog and bark yourself?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Are they setup to deal with queries of the op’s type?
    I’d assumed that’s what the retailers are for?
    Why have an agreement with a dog and bark yourself?

Exactly that. However, I had a great experience dealing directly with them, when my Mondraker Summum started falling apart they bent over backwards to help as I didn’t have a local Mondraker LBS.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

surely as above its not their problem if you want to know a screw size?? things like availability and where to purchase such and such a product from, but not indepth questions about screws and such? thats the job of where you bought the product from…..bit harsh really…

beanieripper
    Free Member

I had tried everywhere to find a 3.5mm elastomer, took some brand new Deus cranks off my gf bike and couldnt find the elastomer after my 2 year old decided to play with some bike parts. After searching the net with no luck I simply asked them if they could supply the part. shouldnt be that hard to answer, maybe I should have got my dog to ask.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Oscillate wildly… I take it you dont deal with customers in your job, not your problem. nice.

mrlard
    Free Member

I found silverfish a waste of time i can’t say they are rubbish as that would suggest i have had some sort of interaction with them – I have lost count on the number of calls i have made to them and emails sent – they have never once answered or replied.

I kinda of envy them imagine a job where customers weren’t important. Saying that I supose individuals are small fry compared to the bike shops business.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeah i do, but only for people that buy things from us directly…..id try and help personally if i was at silverfish but as i said alot of people only want to do there job, and if they feel its someone elses problem pass it on….

im just saying that silverfish is the distributor…..if i had a problem with a pair of football boots i bought from sports direct, id go to them, not directly to adidas…

i agree in someways, if they had anything about them they could easily answer your q! depends how busy they are also..

convert

It seems to be the common Turner customer experience that going to the UK distributor (Silverfish) is a waste of time but the manufacturer themselves (and often Dave Turner himself) could not be more helpful and fill the void from half way around the world. If the manufacturer can do it….

crazy-legs

Always had great customer service from them (mostly regarding Race Face and Cove stuff). Resprayed a Cove frame under warranty, replaced God knows how many of the early ISIS BB’s all FOC, all very quick turnaround.

I’m guessing that with the recent demise of Race Face the Silverfish staff might be more worried about their jobs than questions about crank bolts that any decent LBS should be able to answer.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Ok in all fairness I seem to have got a better response from them this morning which I can’t knock, they are going to send me the part which is a result. I think it’s the impression I have got from them that may be the problem.

mrlard
    Free Member

you never know they could of seen this thread?!?!

ashfanman
    Free Member

Got to say I’ve always had good dealings with them. I emailed them a few months ago just to shoot the sh*t about what was going on with Evil and got several really helpful responses.

Seem like nice guys to me. Think one of them has been away on honeymoon recently, so maybe they’re just a bit short-staffed.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Utter crap, despite the bike shop I purchased from pestering them endlessly, it still took 6 weeks to get a replacement for a cracked Turner frame.

Turner should dump them as distributors due to their shonky service 👿

julianwilson
    Free Member

mrlard – Member

you never know they could of seen this thread?!?!

Richie is a regular on here and tends to post on most threads about their lines with a more positive outlook, so quite probably yes.

Whether that has any bearing on the reply you had is anyone’s guess. If it was I don’t blame them from replying by email to the OP and staying out of this thread though, I think sometimes on here you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

mamadirt
    Free Member

FWIW I’ve emailed them on a few occasions and always found them helpful, similarly a request for stickers (yes I know . . . how old am I 🙄 ) was met in super quick time.

PJay
    Free Member

My one contact with them has been really positive. I bought a new ti. railed SDG saddle from a retailer of ebay that turned out to be cromo. railed. The retailer claimed they’d been sent the wrong stuff by Silverfish but I’m not sure that they weren’t pulling a fast one.

When I got in touch with Silverfish the sent me a new saddle and biller the seller directly. Top quality customer service in my view.

charliedontsurf

As a distributor their MAIN job is looking after dealers.
    And its the dealers job to look after you.
    Give the brief to the shop where you got the product, any good lbs will happily look after their customers.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Everything Silverfish imports/sells is horribly overpriced, so I never have to worry about it.

martinxyz
    Free Member

The office wont be next to the shelves stacked with chainsets. so to go out of their way to find the chainset,open the box,measure the bolt up and get back to you is going to be a bit of a job.

Like someone said above.. if you have a prob,go to where you bought it from.If you have a ford car,i dont think you would get much joy asking for a door hinge fixing bolt thread type or length from ford uk,would you? Kinda like asking the lad in Macdonalds where the meat was sourced from in BigMacs.He wont know but he will be darn good at the job hes paid to do!

yeah ok,chit example!

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve had to deal with them twice & both times the service was really bad – both times was because they failed to reply to the bike shops that I’d returned faulty products to.
    I also contacted the companies whos products they distributed to tell them of their poor service & that I’d not be buying again while I had to deal with Silverfish – they didn’t sound surprised 🙄

prahran
    Free Member

Race Face chainset just broke on my bike. Axle snapped. 8 months old. They won’t repair/replace under warranty as it came on a bike and was not supplied through them. Quality service that.

bruneep

Your contract isn’t with RF it’s with who you bought the bike from. So RF are correct in not dealing with you direct, you go to who ever you bought your bike from.

prahran
    Free Member

So if my fox forks break, mojo won’t fix them because I didn’t buy them from mojo, they also came on the bike..?
    And I did return the broken chainset to the shop where I bought the bike from. They contacted Silverfish, who politely told them to tell me to get lost.

bruneep

So if my fox forks brake, mojo won’t fix them because I didn’t buy them from mojo, they also came on the bike..?

If you can’ t spell break proper, then they probably won’t.

Mojo are authorised by fox to deal with warranty claims

——- nice stealth edit there 🙄

Your contract is with the shop not silverfish, if they won’t deal with shop that’s their issue. Was the shop just spinning you line ??

prahran
    Free Member

And Silverfish do what for Race Face products?
    And the word you were looking for in your nasty little comment above is an adverb, properly not proper.

bruneep

Woosh. 🙄

julianwilson
    Free Member

Grammar fight! 😀

[edit] There’s an ‘h’ in whoosh BTW. 😉

prahran
    Free Member

Before Race Face went under, SIlverfish handled OEM warranties. What they are saying now is that they will only handle warranties on products they’ve sold. I think that’s a little unfair.

Anyway, I have learned that Orange, who supplied my bike with the Race Face Chainset, will happily replace my broken one with a new one.
    Now that’s service.

pastcaring
    Free Member

silverpish suck

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/turner-09-for-2010-prices

funny how they unloaded all their supposed 2010 frames to crc/merlin a month later!?

bruneep

Grammar fight!

[edit] There’s an ‘h’ in whoosh BTW.

So there is Woosh

julianwilson
    Free Member

Yours must have been an American woosh. 😀

In France we say ‘zoum’.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Whoosh, can of worms! they did tell me they would honour any genuine warranty claim for RF stuff..

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

julianwilson – Member
    Grammar fight!

[edit] There’s an ‘h’ in whoosh BTW.

I think you’ll find there are two H’s in Whoosh.

mancjon
    Free Member

In response to OP, at least you got a return e-mail.

I e-mailed Sanderson just asking for some advice on frame size etc. and they can’t even be bothered to reply. One of the very few things that gets my goat, they have a contact address but when you contact them nothing. Would have thought in these economic times any custom was good custom. Same with some LBS, you e-mail and nothing.

Just to end on a more positive note, there are some who are excellent though. 18 bikes and Cotic are absolutely brilliant at responding and being as helpful as they can.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Silverfish – Woeful customer service’ is closed to new replies.