Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Silverfish now trading as Fox in Mojo's premises
  • normski
    Free Member

Looks like they’ve actually taken over Mojo’s building as well as the Fox brand! Also their service price list is a carbon copy of Mojo’s. I wonder if they’ve employed Mojo’s technicians? Lets hope so as they were/are some of best in the industry and it would take some serious work to get new people up to that level of expertise.
    Sadly it looks like many of the spares have shot up in price, namely fork seals, stickers, and axles at first glance

cleetonator

Our South Wales service centre is open for business and we are delighted to announce we have onboard the tech team who have successfully handled FOX for the past two decades to ensure the world’s best suspension is backed up with aftersales service to match

Looks like they’ve taken on most (if not all) of the Mojo staff

legend
    Free Member

Also makes sense now why the old Mojo has ditched the Mojo brand, no need for it anymore.

honourablegeorge

That’s good to hear – all the staff at Mojo were a pleasure to deal with, would have hated to see them out of work.

Waiting to see Chris Porrer’s next crazy idea now.

nickc

Makes sense, why spend time and money setting up a new facility when you have one ready to go? Whatever it cost to TUPE staff and take over premises would have been waaay cheaper than doing anything else.

mehr
    Free Member

I never used Mojo but i’m sure a standard fork service was cheaper than £119 before 😯

You can have your forks PUSH’d and serviced for £139 from TF

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds good. I very much doubt they’d take over the building, make all the staff redundant and re-employ new technicians to work on Fox stuff!
    Was looking for some Fox seals yesterday and Mojo’s online shop was dead, so know where to look now. (ebay!) 🙂

honourablegeorge

mehr – Member
    I never used Mojo but i’m sure a standard fork service was cheaper than £119 before

I paid 119 the week before all the kerfuffle.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

FORKSERVICE
    Fork service starting at £119.00* includes:
    Thorough inspection of fork for damage and/or wear.
    Complete tear down and rebuild of damper, including new seals and oil.
    Rebuild Talas system with new seals and Oil (if applicable).
    New air piston seal (F-series and FLOAT models).
    New dust wipers and foam rings.
    2016 FIT4 Damper model receive 2017 FIT4 E16 Tune as standard

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:K8iM4iJrga4J:www.mojo-store.co.uk/PBCPPlayer.asp%3FID%3D1736192+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

Gotama
    Free Member

Does seem aggressive pricing themselves £20 over TF Tuned for a Fox 36 service. Edi albeit I see hat’s always how mojo priced

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mojo were always more than anyone else, but they were always incredibly generous with the warranty stuff so I didn’t mind.

DezB
    Free Member

Full list of the staff here –

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/news.aspx?id=282

mudmonster
    Free Member

Been wanting to increase the travel on my 2014 34’s by 10mm since January. Was quoted £10.82+PP for a shuttle bumper and a negative plate. One of the parts wasn’t in stock, I mentioned this but I didn’t get a reply. I couldn’t find the part anywhere, so gave up looking.

Recently I started looking for a new air spring as a way of upgrading and increasing the travel. Didn’t know where to get one from. Silverfish seem to have it but why the massive disparity in prices?

2016 onwards is £40
    2013-15 is £147

Will be buying Rockshox next time.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whatever it cost to TUPE staff and take over premises would have been waaay cheaper than doing anything else

TUPE costs of staff are nil other than having to take on the risk of redundancy payments and pensions – you also dont have a choice in the matter so they may have not “chosen ” to do this – not followed the story so dont know any details but have been in a number of TUPE situations.

I assume they had to pay for the premises or just take over the lease – we always changed premises so no knowledge of that.

milky1980
    Free Member

Good news for all the ex-Mojo staff! Hoped they’d find a place after the dust settled.

As for the servicing prices being high compared to TF etc, it’s always worked out cheaper for me as I could drop/pick up stuff on my way to Cwmcarn so the saving on postage made it the same. Plus their way of handling warranty stuff was a bonus, got a pair of 32 Evolutions upgraded to FIT without even knowing there was something wrong!

legend
    Free Member

*waits for someone that lives near TF to trump milky*

Onzadog
    Free Member

Be interesting to see if the attitude to warranty changes under the new management.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Be interesting to see if the attitude to warranty changes under the new management.

Yes, I never found Silverfish to be that great. I’ve always got great response out of Fisher hence am a rockshox devotee.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Silverfish now trading as Fox in Mojo's premises’ is closed to new replies.