Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Silly question but ….. are these geometrys the same?
  • letmetalktomark

Quick bit of background …. I have a Genesis Fortitude.

I love it, so much I would like a second.

They are a bit thin on the ground in frame/size configurations needed 😥

This is the geometry chart for the SS (all models were the same):

Now this geometry chart is from the High Latitude 2013:

The Fortitude is meant to run a 440mm rigid fork and is non suspension corrected.

The High Latitude was meant to run an 80mm suspension fork.

Now unless I am missing something a “sagged” figure for the High Latitude shows the same angles.

A sagged 80mm 29er fork doesn’t equate to a 440mm AtoC does it?

So could one presume (???) that a High Latitude with a 440mm rigid fork should feel like a Fortitude?

richellicott
    Free Member

They do look pretty much the same so I get where you’re coming from. I don’t really know much about geometries but I’d be interested to know too as I would love a Fortitude and as you say, hard to come by now. Have you tried contacting Genesis about this at all?
    If you’re not in a rush I did hear that the Fortitude is coming back into the lineup next year.

JCL
    Free Member

You’re right. As long as they used the same A-C fork measurement for both frames they’re the same.

triple_s

Think the Latitude will be based around a 470mm fork…

TiRed

The 19″ looks identical. Be aware, I just bought a new road bike with “identical” geometry to my old one. Except matching the exact position meant I needed a stem 1cm longer. So I’m afraid it is buyer beware.

I bought a 19″ Genesis ioid on the basis that the angles and top tube length looked almost identical to my Kona Unit 29er. Wheel size and front suspension aside, the fit and handling feel the same, so I can’t imagine that the two above will feel different, even for a 0.5cm difference.

avdave2

Think the Latitude will be based around a 470mm fork…

I thought 470mm was a “sagged” 100mm. If it’s built around an 80mm fork it’ll be closer to 450mm. You could always use an angleset to preserve the head anngle with a shorter fork.

brant
    Free Member

470mm is sagged 80mm.

Rock Shox forks are 506-510mm in 100mm length, 20mm shorter for 80mm.

So thats 486-490 for an 80mm fork, hence with 25% sag, that’s 20mm shorter again at 466-470mm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Silly question but ….. are these geometrys the same?’ is closed to new replies.