Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Silly oval question
  • rossburton
    Free Member

I went to put an oval ring on my other bike today and suddenly realised that I’m not sure if I have the orientation right…

If the crank is at 3 o’clock, should be major axis (widest part) be at something like 2 o’clock/8 o’clock, or 4/10?

somafunk

C’mon Ross you should know this?…………….

4/10 btw but whether or not they make any difference on an mtb where you move about a lot and stand up to pedal is still up for debate, personally I think they’re utter bollocks but I just like to disagree for shits n’ giggles

rossburton
    Free Member

Should have just google image searched 🙂 the new ring didn’t have an obvious front/back which made it “interesting”. Good news is that I was right on both bikes : 4/10 as you say.

Yeah no idea if it’s actually better but it does feel a little smoother and hey can’t complain about an anodised orange chainring that just happens to be oval. 🙂

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Full of disappoint

Thought this would be a thread about Alonso’s chances at the Indy

Poopscoop

One thing I can honestly say about oval chain rings is that they have made my knee pain almost totally disappear.

Didn’t buy them for that reason but it’s been one heck of an unexpected bonus. 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Any of you want to buy this bottle of liquid, guaranteed to cure everything & make you irresistible to the opposite sex, you seem to be the sort of people who would be tempted by this. Only £100k per bottle.

spooky_b329

Oval ring on rollers (for giggles)…feels really lurchy and weird.

Oval ring on a Singlespeed whilst busting a gut on a hill…wonderful!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Silly oval question’ is closed to new replies.