Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Silly Handbag commute fight this morning
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hora, chill.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

hora
    Free Member

Nice family, I hope a cyclist doesn’t nip in front of this driver before he hits this cable. I really hope you’re not being serious.

😆 Of Course, the Horacek’s are a well known Manchester crime family 🙄

bigyinn
    Free Member

Lets have a fight? Oh please.
    Pistols at dawn surely?

hora
    Free Member

Looks like Im commuting discreetly tomorrow, I dont want knocking off my bike 🙁

I’ll keep my Dan Dare/Public school’ism’s firmly in my mouth.

crikey
    Free Member

I shouldn’t really share this, but I like to assume an Edwardian Gentleman approach to such issues.

You should have approached him and said;

“I say, you were frightfully close to me back there, do you have some kind of objection to my method of transport?”

” I feel I should remonstrate with you, as you appear to be less than fully concerned at my apparent discomfiture”

” I shall insist that I gain, at the least, satisfaction. If you cannot indulge me, then I will extract the same by means of fisticuffs, and send you on your way somewhat chastened!”

” Take that, and that, and this, and be so kind as to respect my right to the roadway in future.”

Might be a better approach?

MrNutt
    Free Member

you should have pulled up next to him and ether rung your bell in an angry manner of slapped your whang on his window. That’d learn him.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

and i bet he had a staffie in the car with him as well!!!

atlaz
    Free Member

I think we need to bring back duelling. Obviously given your target would be the challenged party he’d get to choose weapons. Smashed bottles of stella maybe?

hora
    Free Member

MrNutt, its entirely the wrong time to seagull someone 😮

Peregrine
    Free Member

Some pillock nearly knocked me off the bike on my commute last week, chased him round the block twice, found where he lives………..

However by this time i had calmed down and laughed at my self for wasting my time with cretins. His time will come and it will be his own doing.

el_creedo
    Free Member

Hora – I give you 10/10 purely for saying “let’s have a fight”! I imagine if he’d obliged it may have been followed by a few minutes of “are we hitting faces? it’s just i’ve got a meeting later” or similar.

I find myself blushing at the thoughts of all the times i’ve kicked off with drivers who’ve nearly killed me after reading all of the “live and let live” comments – I wish i could be like that (so does my missus!).

sq225917
    Free Member

Syringe- paint stripper..

weapon of choice…;-)

hora
    Free Member

Thing is, its only when its been very close that I flip. If we were in a bar and someone bumped into you at the top of the stairs and just shot you a look rather than apologise what would you do? The consequences of knocking you off are potentially alot more severe than a broken collar bone whilst riding a trail arent they? Dirt/earth tends to give you grazes/bruising but landing on tarmac at speed is alot more severe.
    I drive like an absolute tit sometimes, I readily admit this. However near vunerable road users I tend to slow right down and give them a wide berth. Someones selfish act can end up in a severe injury for an innocent party and would they stop?
    If a cyclist doesnt complain the driver thinks he or she can get away with it. Maybe I should have kept my calm, cornered him and merely been sarcastic but yes he felt fear- which was worth it IMO. I bet he checks outside his office window constantly as well checking his car.
    I’m probably one of the most happy-go chilled types in person but when physically threatened I react just like everyone else.

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

pwnd him. lulz

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bet he checks outside his office window constantly as well checking his car I bet he doesn’t, I bet he just laughs at you. I could imagine you are more worried about meeting him on the road again than he is about seeing you.

I’m probably one of the most happy-go chilled types in person but when physically threatened I react just like everyone else. Really?

So it seems okay for you to drive like a prick but you get upset when other people do it. I really don’t understand you.

hora
    Free Member

Chomp. He was the one who wouldnt get out of his car to face a nerdy cyclist.

Gary_M
    Free Member

eh maybe he couldn’t be arsed rising to your silly taunts. 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Someone offered me out I’d either talk them out of it or take them up on it. I most certainly wouldnt sit in a car saying no and try avoiding eye-contact Stevie Wonder head movements spring to mind 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

Maybe he was embarrassed for you.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Silly Handbag commute fight this morning’ is closed to new replies.