Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Silly ebay questions. Is it just me that gets them when selling stuff.?
  • konabunny
    Free Member

Hi m8 u wonna swop for 250 CC bike needs too end rebuild not moved In a while good condition

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I sold a pair of very large speakers a couple of years ago and was listed as collection only. The winning bidder who was from Cardiff then contacted me to see I would meet him 20 miles from my house as his company vehicle was tracked and would not be able to divert too far from the motorway. 🙄

Cougar

people who see the P&P price, bid, win, then moan that the postage is too high.

Think is, P&P is not just the price of a stamp. It’s postage AND PACKING; it covers the jiffy bags, bubble wrap and associated trappings, and the arseache of me wrapping it all up and taking it to a post office. It’s clearly marked on the auction, if you don’t agree to it then don’t bid.

My OH once sold an item to someone who lived in my home town. I thought I’d do her a favour and took time out of my lunch hour to hand deliver it, as it’d save a couple of days’ delivery time. Silly bint kicked off that we’d ripped her off by not posting it and demanding a refund on postage. I was in the process of pricing up mileage costs at 45p/mile plus half an hour of my time when my OH refunded her the two quid or whatever it was she was pissing and moaning about.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

clearly marked as collection only with the option of having me deliver them

posted them

there’s your mistake, especially with fragile stuff.

must admit I’ve tried “will you post it?” on a couple of “collection only” auctions, but I’d fully expected no response or just plain “no”.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Silly ebay questions. Is it just me that gets them when selling stuff.?’ is closed to new replies.