Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • silly cyclist tans
  • rOcKeTdOg

anyone else just got to work sporting a tan only a cyclist gets, around the neck and from the biceps down and the lower thigh down to the top of where your socks were?

i look awesome 😕

Surfr
    Free Member

Mine just started yesterday.

oldgit
    Free Member

Not a mark on me and bright sunshine both days.
    Mind you though it got slightly warm there was ice on the cars when I left so the the arm and knee warmers went on.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Thanks to riding abroad in the UK winter, I manage to maintain a cyclist tan all year round – until I have my actual holiday in the UK summer and even things out. Brown arms up to the sleeve, brown legs between mid thigh and sock top, brown finger tips and brown patches on the back of my hands.

🙂

nickc

Don't forget panda eyes from the sunglasses. To overcome this, I intend to wear the same pair all day indoors and out for the next 6 months…

parkesie
    Free Member

my favourite is the stipes and spots on your head from your helmet.

bruneep

The colours I go.
    blue> white> red> peel> red (again)> and only then mibbe a bit of a tan.

oldgit
    Free Member

I did see a lot of bright red bingo wings on Sunday.

willsimmons
    Free Member

I love a cyclists tan, started work on mine this weekend

MrNutt
    Free Member

yes and two very large mugs of black tea for my hands please waitress, thank you.

IanMunro
    Free Member

blue> white> red> peel> red (again)> and only then mibbe a bit of a tan.

I do that to.
    The most depressing one is when you come back from a ride, step into the shower thinking you've gained an impressive tan, and it all washes off and goes down the plughole.

oldgit
    Free Member

I'm having my first leg shave of the year this week (racing Saturday) Looking forward to the Great British frozen chicken look.

donsimon
    Free Member

Started mine last weekend, thought about shaving too but the sudden drop in temperatures has stopped that, I need all the fur I can get at the moment.

Kit
    Free Member

Does noone were sun cream? I was mortified to find I'd burned a bit down one side of my calf last week 🙁

binners

Mines coming on a treat. I look like an angry tomato. I've also added, for good measure, copious amounts of nettle rash on my legs.

Easy now ladies

mrsflash
    Free Member

Mickey mouse hands anyone?? My ex colleagues used to ask to see a monday morning update every week on mine 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I refuse to wear sun cream in the UK in April. It's just not right, and it suggests a lack of enthusiasm for the sunshine. If I was the sun, and I suddenly decided I wanted to scorch the people of Britain in April I'd want them to be receptive and grateful and to burn a little. Otherwise I'd not bother again.

I look a little bit pink this morning. 😀

GaryLake
    Free Member

White biceps, brown forearms, white hands. Check.

xc-steve
    Free Member

White Hands for me, have been wearing different T's whilst riding so arms arn't quite as defined, and knee pads stop an obvious leg tan… sad times, thought I had a good sock tan going on yesterday but after a wash realise it was actually just dust!

Olly
    Free Member

working hard on my bike tan now.

Wear a slightly longer jersey for regular rides, then at races wear a shorter one, so everyone can see the white rings around the bottom of the slightly shorter sleves to see how much "training" youve been doing.

glove tan isnt coming on too well though yet….

anniison
    Free Member

mrsflash: Yep, checking in on the mickey mouse hands after a good weekends biking :oD

miketually
    Free Member

I always used to get a red burnt stripe round my bicep, where my bike top sleeves were shorter than my T shirts and ss shirts. I have a new Swobo top with longer sleeves that should mean I avoid that this year.

I am rocking the white hands look at the moment though, after a sunny bike ride in gloves was followed by a sunny day of gardening in gloves.

Oggles
    Free Member

I've still got mine from last year, and have been wearing tights since November. Last weekend was my first ride without a long sleeve jersey too. Anyone else seem to sport a permanent Lycra tan?

Talkemada
    Free Member

blue> white> red> peel> red (again)

Blue?

BLUE??? 😯

Christ; where do you live, Scotland?

Bruneep, earlier:

bruneep

aye Scotland, had snow today hence why I was blue brrrrrrrrr.

I don't have as much hair or money as Mr Gibson.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Well, hopefully you're not quite as xenophobic as him, either.. 😐

But how on Earth can you be blue, ffs?

Kit
    Free Member

I refuse to wear sun cream in the UK in April. It's just not right, and it suggests a lack of enthusiasm for the sunshine. If I was the sun, and I suddenly decided I wanted to scorch the people of Britain in April I'd want them to be receptive and grateful and to burn a little. Otherwise I'd not bother again.

And I'm sure all those who have developed skin cancer (e.g. my sister) share your sentiment 😕

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Chairlift tan is the best. It happens no matter how much suncream you wear. Dark brown rings around the wrists, just above the knees, and the square on the back of your calf between the straps of your leg armour.

There is definately a market for UV permeable gloves

coffeeking
    Free Member

Fox tshirt tan 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

lol

brooess
    Free Member

i spent all last week in the Lakes. Sunny all week. was wearing elbow pads and also on the right wrist, a wrist support. So instead of an arm tan, there's just a patch of brown on each forearm, The one on the right being smaller than the one on the left. 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘silly cyclist tans’ is closed to new replies.