Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Silliest thing you've carried on a bike?
  • BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

A car engine’s cylinder head.

It was a nasty, if mercifully short journey.

starsh78
    Free Member

A Ford Fiesta drivers seat when i was about 14

TheBrick
    Free Member

Unicycle strapped to my back. 13 miles of commuting pain.

a11y

A disposable BBQ, not quite extinguished…

(not me, was a mate but the memory is still vividly in my mind following him down the track – we thought it was properly out but the airflow reignited it)

tthew

Top cycling lunacy on this thread! Love it. My contribution.

A freshly bead blasted steel bike frame over my shoulder on my commute back from college. Pissed it down with rain. 🙄
    Food for a 6 person weekend camping trip on a post office bike, front carrier, rear panniers and large rucksack. Probably about 250lbs of me, bike and food at 27mph downhill, (yes, my postie bike had a computer) with shoddy rod brakes.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Many moons ago a pal carried a ten foot length of mahogany bar top home under his arm after it was found dumped outside the pub.

I wish I had been there to see him turn right at the tightish roundabout at the foot of Leith Street.

Diane
    Free Member

A metal christmas tree base

Fueled
    Free Member

A drunk friend and 12 bottles of wine. We got a smile from a policeman.

juan
    Free Member

A water bottle and a pump…
    Actually no 2 water bottles and a pump. I kid thou not…

gonetothehills
    Free Member

A set of dumbells in their case from Argos on the rack, and then stopping at the sorting office on the way back to pick up what I thought might a jiffy bag from CRC or similar, what turned out to be a massive postal box of flowers that the postman had stupidly not left with a neighbour. I was, to say the least, a little more unbalanced than normal – though not a patch on some of the above. It was hard work up the long hill home.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Karinofnine – Member
    A dead deer.

I am so happy this lovely lady has agreed to become my wife. 😀

A water bottle and a pump…
    Actually no 2 water bottles and a pump. I kid thou not…

Juan; living life on the edge, as always! 😉

coastkid
    Free Member

found this pic… 😮

samuri
    Free Member

A lacrosse stick. I do believe the conversation went something like this.

(We were riding along carrying out lacrosse sticks)
    My mate: “Watch out, your stick could get caught in the spokes if you carry it like that”
    Me: “Don’t be stupid, the head is far too wide to fit between the spokes, watch”
    /jams lacrosse stick head into the spokes.

/goes flying over the bars.

TimP
    Free Member

Turned down from a lock in we got 24 bottle of beer in a plastic pub crate which I balanced on the handlebars and held down with one hand in which I held a torch. Clipped the verge and crashed breaking all but 7 bottles. I was not popular when the guy behind crashed into my bike and fell into all the broken glass. In the morning I also discovered I had snapped both brake levers off too and buckled his wheel. very expensive mistake!

molgrips
    Free Member

Flol at samuri 🙂

ken_shields
    Free Member

I once cycled through Bedford with one of these tied on the rear rack of a bike

Needless to say the traffic gave me a very wide berth

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Myself!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Silliest thing you've carried on a bike?’ is closed to new replies.