Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Silicone spray – to prevent mudd sticking to shiny alloy finish frame?
  • ninja
    Free Member

Hi, I need somehting to keep the mudd off a shiny polished alloy finish frame.
    Sure I saw WC team using silicone spray or similar to prevent th emudd sticking? Any specific suggestions?

cheers

Trimix
    Free Member

Just use WD40. After washing the bike spray it with WD40. It will lube / displace water and keep it shiny.

Just watch where you spray it.

nealy
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_219033_langId_-1_categoryId_165705

Take your wheels off first and move them out of the way then put plastic bags over the callipers, you don’t want this stuff getting on any part of your brakes.

EDIT: I wouldn’t spray WD40 all over a bike, it’s a degreaser so will remove the grease from any bearings and pivots it comes into contact with.

awh
    Free Member

I’ve just started using the Halfords spray. People have already commented, how is your bike so clean?! Also I’ve found there’s virtually no need to use any Muc-Off when I wash my bike.

RustyNissanPrairie

silicone spray = bullshit spray – it makes anything look great again and is good for preventing mud buildup and for spraying onto fork stantions to reduce stiction. dont get it on your discs though especially when combined with a bit of water!

muddyman
    Free Member

screwfix silicone spray is about £3.50 a can makes your frame shine your stantions smooth running and the mud clean off more easily . its hidden away in the plumbing section of cataloge i think . good stuff though !

hambl90
    Free Member

I use silicon spray on my forks and shock , great stuff.

SBrock
    Free Member

GT85 is what I use…..£2.99 a can from The Range

amplebrew

I use GT85 as well, gives my bike a really great shine.

I just cover up the rotors and calipers with a plastic bag before spraying.

It certainly seems to make cleaning my bike easier.

If you’ve got a few mates to get a group buy together, this place will do 36 cans for £59.99 with free postage.

Trekster

furniture polish 😉

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Silicon spray, furniture polish, Back to Black, bumper restorer – whatever you find cheapest.

epicyclo

Mr Sheen has its uses too.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Silicone spray – to prevent mudd sticking to shiny alloy finish frame?’ is closed to new replies.