Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Silicone Grips – ESI vs Superstar
  • andeh

I fancy trying some of these, but is there any discernible difference, other than price, between the ESI ones and the Superstar ones. Has anyone tried both?

ton

superstar are cheap imitations. and they feel it.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

i was only interested in the SS version as they do lock on version – currently have ESI’s and they’re a lovely grip, but find them a nightmare to get on and off.
    Luckily that’s not very often though, but puts me off getting new ones.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dufresneorama
    Free Member

Tried both. Both feel comfy and grippy to me.
    Superstar a bit more girth due to cartridge I believe, but end caps good as they’re easily torn/chewed up.

dknwhy

I have ESI and am really impressed with them.
    I use alcohol hand gel to get them on.

BillOddie

ESIs are super easy to get on with a bit of IPA (not the beer)

Cut them off when they’re dead!

monkeyboyjc

I had esi on my last two bikes and swore by them, then tried super stars lock on version and now have swapped to them.
    The esi’s are more comfortable as the super stars aren’t as thick as the cartridge tags up some of the space. The supers arts are the best of both worlds close to esi’s in comfort and feel bit with the ease of a lock on for removal and instalation.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’ll chuck in PROs to the mix. Doing well on my pub bike with their asymmetric design.

russyh
    Free Member

I have a pair of the ss ones. They are great and have lasted well, grip is great wet and dry and helps reduce some of trail buzz. I have a slight tear in one now after an off but it’s still usable and great. Will order some more soon.

schmiken

The new ESI Fit grips are amazing, well worth a look.

johnnystorm

Had both, both good. Keen to try the XC FIT ones Schmiken mentioned above. Wiggle also do some lifeline branded ones for about £7 which are logo free if that matters to you.

Use windowlene as per their instructions and they go on/come off easily. Use a ziptie to help move the windowlene about when removing them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Silicone Grips – ESI vs Superstar’ is closed to new replies.