Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Silent witness
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Is the most Ludicrous drama on telly.

Surely emilia fox’s character would be suspended by now for doing stuff outside of her remit.

It’s entertaining enough but is starting to get on my tits.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

It’s been poor for a while, I’ve not even bothered watching the recent showings. It’s turned into a UK version of CSI.

DezB
    Free Member

She is perty.

(Crap series though. Amanda Fingy was betterer)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I like how they’ve turned from forensic pathologists into super detectives with a forensic pathology qualification – actively involved in the whole investigation. 😀 The bloke in it is an expert in everything – munitions, shoe sizes, the lot! It did used to be good but the last few series have become ridiculous.

bruneep

Have you seen:

Death in paradise
    Casualty
    Holby

comedy gold

all the shite my wife makes me watch

johndoh
    Free Member

This week’s episodes didn’t even make sense. Just choose the least likely suspect and it’ll be him.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’s awesome.

Just remember it’s fiction though

Moe

Liz Carr steals the show!

scotroutes

Get.In.The.********.Sea

bruneep

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J4PGiJl2dQ[/video]

trust me the thought is there.. 😉

TrekEX8
    Free Member

And another thing….when they lock/unlock a car, why does it always make that annoying ‘parp, parp’ noise, that no car in the real world ever makes?

johndoh
    Free Member

Lol yes – I was just saying that tonight to my wife – a brand new Merc and it sounds like a ’98 Astra

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Used to be really good, with just a little bit of the ‘this really isnt your job’ silliness. I stopped watching a few years ago when it went too far into the ‘super detective’ stuff described above.

Gary_M
    Free Member

even make sense. Just choose the least likely suspect and it’ll be

I usually enjoy it but I’m confused why the pathologist gets to be so deeply involved in the investigation. It’s fiction right but it’s now gone way past being in the slightest bit believable.

And the ‘plot’ this week has been utter nonsense, it’s usually pretty simple to follow but I was a bit lost tonight.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I usually enjoy it but I’m confused why the pathologist gets to be so deeply involved in the investigation. It’s fiction right but it’s now gone way past being in the slightest bit believable.

😀

TBF, I don’t even know what a pathologist is, or what they do. This could be real for all I know.

Does anyone watch homeland?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Less is more David. Less is more…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What?! 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

Don’t worry guys, very soon it’s:

[video]http://youtu.be/CMpkAQo2OrM[/video]

Followed around Easter by series three of The Fall.

which can’t help but make you feel:

pictonroad

I concur, used to love it, the last series was just about bearable, this one, I’m out.

bedmaker

I’ve only just finished watchin 24, a decade or so after everyone else.
    Silent Witness is like a sensible documentary in comparison 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Happy Valley series 2 on soon.

stumpy01

My Wife loves watching all these crime/detective things and doesn’t seem to let any nonsense details bother her.

I was commenting on this weeks episode asking her why they seem to do the autopsy, all the detective work, all of the chasing after baddies & how do they know to turn up to places instantly…..?

But, she doesn’t let all that stuff bother her & just enjoys watching them.
    It’s like CSI when they take a 640×480 res image, zoom in on about 12 pixels and then ‘enhance’ it to re-create a high-res picture of the assailant’s face. I find myself ranting at the telly, whereas she realises it’s nonsense but just goes with it.

mark90
    Free Member

By 9pm the kids are in bed and my brain has been switched off. Just sit back, relax, enjoy Emilia Fox, don’t worry about the credibility of it all.

johndoh
    Free Member

do the autopsy

Was it last week when someone died in perfectly reasonable circumstances yet they opened them up and stitched them back together anyway?

theotherjonv

I’ve been doing some work with a Chemistry Professor who happens to run the chemical module of his University’s course on Forensic Science. We ‘chuckled’ at the students he now interviews who all think they’re going to be the next CSI / Silent Witness / you name it. Reality is they’ll be running chemical assays over and over and over in the same lab year after year.

That said – the mini-Sainsbury near me was broken into over Christmas and when i got there the next day to get early morning croissants there wa sa police crime scene person there who seemed to be having a lovely time taking photos of fingerprints and the like. Sadly, she didn’t look anything like Emilia Fox.

theotherjonv

Was it last week when someone died in perfectly reasonable circumstances yet the opened them up and stitched them back together anyway?

Yes. I think it was the woman terrorist who was shot in the forehead by the police sniper. I too thought it odd that you need an autopsy to determine cause of death, particularly as the shooting itself was witnessed by 3 pathologists.

edlong
    Free Member

It’s definitely got sillier and sillier, after this week’s I’m not sure I’ll be bothering with the rest of the series. It seems to be the new “New Tricks” with a faint whiff of “Waterloo Road” added to the mix.

dmorts

supersessions9-2 » Is the most Ludicrous drama on telly.
    Have you seen:

Death in paradise
    Casualty
    Holby[/quote]

Luther

johndoh
    Free Member

Yes. I think it was the woman terrorist who was shot in the forehead by the police sniper. I too thought it odd that you need an autopsy to determine cause of death, particularly as the shooting itself was witnessed by 3 pathologists.

Yeah that’s the one – police sniped in front of lots of witnesses yet chopped up 🙂 They are just sickos.

xcgb
    Free Member

I was moaning at the telly too, haven’t you got some pathology to do, rather than watch the police do interviews! they don’t seem to have many cases to deal with, some serous overstaffing there!

xcgb
    Free Member

It’s like CSI when they take a 640×480 res image, zoom in on about 12 pixels and then ‘enhance’ it to re-create a high-res picture of the assailant’s face

I work in photography/ digital imaging and yes this winds me up too!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I was moaning at the telly too, haven’t you got some pathology to do, rather than watch the police do interviews! they don’t seem to have many cases to deal with, some serous overstaffing there!

And another thing on Silent Witness, maybe I’m making this up but is it not every other week that the murderer is after one of the pathologists/detectives/knowitalls?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Utter dross these days. Used to be good when they were helping to solve crimes as pathologists, but now they’re controlling the whole investigation which is laughable, its so far fetched it’s unwatchable.

I guess they ran out of story lines and had to ramp it up a bit to try and make it interesting.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It’s like CSI when they take a 640×480 res image, zoom in on about 12 pixels and then ‘enhance’ it to re-create a high-res picture of the assailant’s face

I work in photography/ digital imaging and yes this winds me up too!

It’s like a 4K TV trying to make sense of most of the on-demand channels…

tthew

I think it’s the last pair of the current series next week, which usually stretches the incredible even further by the entire team going overseas to meddle in foreign police work.

Who’s chopping up all the London stiffs then eh?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Silent witness’ is closed to new replies.