Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Silencing a dropper seatpost
  • JoeG
    Free Member

I have a KS Lev on my full suspension bike. Using carbon paste, it doesn’t take long till the post starts to make a “click” when I shift my weight around on the saddle. If I clean and replace it, the noise goes away, but not for long. 😕

Does anyone have any tips for keeping the dropper quiet for longer?

Edit – Frame is Ti with an aluminum insert (not a shim!) about 4″ long, 31.6 mm ID.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Replace it with a proper seat post – you don’t need the dropper #kingsnewclothes

tomhoward

Replace it with a proper seat post – you don’t need the dropper #kingsnewclothes

😆 🙄

OP, sure it’s the post not the saddle/rails?

mangatank
    Free Member

What sort of clamp are you using? Sound like the post is slipping very slightly. I had exactly the same (maddening) issue with my Hope QR. Switched to a Thomson clamp and the problem disappeared.

thepurist

JoeG – top tip – use a dab of carbon paste at the junction where the top of the stanchion meets the adjustable saddle cradle – the bit with the bearings on it. Seems to kill that slight sideways/rotational play in the saddle that I think is common with LEVs.

JoeG
    Free Member

Its not the saddle clamp/rails. If I just pull the post, clean and apply new carbon paste (and don’t touch the saddle/clamp) the noise goes away. For a short while.

The seatpost clamp came with the frame. Its not a QR, it has a M4 screw going into a barrel bolt. I guess that its not the best quality, so maybe an upgrade is in order.

stAn-Bad Brains MBC – Member

You are correct, I don’t need one. I need two; one for my full suspension and one for my fatbike! 😆 My retrobike has a period correct dropper as well; a Hite-Rite! 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Silencing a dropper seatpost’ is closed to new replies.