Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Signposts at Sherwood Pines
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

Apparently they’re not all there anymore!

RANGERS are “at their wits end” after thieves took £2,000 of wooden signposts along new bike routes being built at Sherwood Pines Forest Park.

More than 30 posts, standing up to two metres tall, have been taken over several nights from the Forestry Commission’s 1,200-hectare wood, near Clipstone.

Now, in a move to make them harder to sell on, the replacements have all been painted blue.

Chris Bray, recreation manager, said: “We are at our wits end. The posts are being installed as part of a £300,000 investment in bike routes to make sure riders keep on the right track.

“We’ve even put posts in concrete foundations, but chainsaws have been used.” Link

wysiwyg
    Free Member

It’ll be a warm winter for me this yr 😉

thefallguy
    Free Member

I wonder if its just a league of gentleman type act? i.e. “its a local wood for local people” or has Chris Bray just p*ssed off too many locals?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

That happened a couple of weeks ago, there wasn’t ever any signs on the posts as they haven’t got them finished yet.
    The posts iirc weren’t concreted in either, just dropped in a hole & backfilled.
    All the signs for the main trail itself are in place still

thefallguy
    Free Member

Weren’t the signs stolen a few months back too? all the Kitchener signs were there on Sunday and looked ok, the blue ones for the adventure trail still seemed incomplete and are awful looking blue stakes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Signposts at Sherwood Pines’ is closed to new replies.