Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • signing over my rights to sign legal documents for a period?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Im going back to the ukraine very very shortly – am on standby atm

ive been promised a flight back ASAP if i need to sign shit for my house that cant be done via faxes or ms T-R signing on my behalf – but we aint married. but this has the caveat that if im offshore or on my way to offshore then i cant get back

can i sign something legal saying that either her or my dad can sign documents on my behalf if i cant get back – whats it likely to cost?

stumpy120
    Free Member

When i was buying my flat I signed something to allow my solicitor to sign things for me while I was offshore. It worked out ok.

It was part of the service provided by my solicitor and didn’t cost any extra.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

What you doing in the Ukraine ? are you 007 ?

if you are signing in shit then wash your hands after !

trail_rat
    Free Member

unfit geezer thats my office extension 😉

ha – nah im just the unfortunate engineer that has to go out there and battle through the beauracracy to do an open hole completion in the black sea – was out there 3 weeks ago in -28 , the heating/electricity in the hotel went off at 8.30 at night till 6am !

stumpy ill speak to my solicitor !

cheers

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

sounds a bit more interesting then my job !

how long does it take/how many flights/boats to get there ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

an hour to Charles de gaulle

5 hours to kiev

1 hour to simpherofol

3 hours driving to chernomorskoye (scariest drive ever)

2 days by boat to the rig.

so as you can see its not just a case of nipping back for the day….

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

you are 007 ! just get one of those old Lotus esprits and you are well away !

have fun !

cynic-al
    Free Member

Power of Attorny, straightforward for your lawyer, speak to him, not internet randoms 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

i will dont worry al – how ever hes still pissed at me for the whole mortgage thing.

i wanted to be sure it was him i needed to ask first and foremost as all he does is mortgages and property.

peterfile
    Free Member

Under English law, you can allow your solicitor (or anyone else for that matter) to sign on your behalf as attorney. You can limit the scope of their power to whatever you want (e.g. the execution/completion of a specific transaction).

It’s extremely common in business transactions, since those with the power to sign under a company’s constitution often can’t be 10 places at once, so it’s easier to send representatives acting under a power of attorney to financial closes etc.

Ask your solicitor.

wwaswas

hes still pissed at me for the whole mortgage thing

not being funny but are you sure you want to give someone in that frame of mind the ability to commit you to who knows what in your absence?

trail_rat
    Free Member

wwaswas – hence why id previously mentioned giving said power to my dad.

tbh i think hes a good guy i think hes more worried that the RBS will screw up the whole time scales thing – how ever he never said as much when i mentioned id be using them and then his tone changed when i said id completed the application with them and i am now waiting on them . 3 of my friends had nothing but praise for him when they bought with him recently !

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Power of attorney works in these situations. I did one for the same reason while travelling

uwe-r
    Free Member

Maybe get a will done at the same time?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘signing over my rights to sign legal documents for a period?’ is closed to new replies.