Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Signing-on-world.com
  • jimmy

Is there anyone in this division of joblesstrackworld? I've been out of work for months now and although I always have things on the horizon, they have inevitably come to nothing. IT jobs from a previous career are few and far between and I don't even seem to be considered for 'lowly' jobs I apply for; I'm guessing the fact they'd know I would be out of the door as soon as something better came along stops them considering me.

Is it time? 🙁

Kit
    Free Member

Is it time?

To whore your body out? Almost certainly. Make sure and carry lots of lube with you. And don't forget your sarnies too – you might get hungry walking the mean streets in your high heels and fishnets.

😉

jimmy

Get in line, Grint… 😉

Kit
    Free Member

You want me to pay? I thought we had something more special than that. Or am I thinking of househusband…

jimmy

Yeah you've got a while to go before reaching his level of privilege. (Coffee & bacon sandwich usually does it).

Kit
    Free Member

Don't think Drumlanrig does bacon butties 🙁

So are you not on the dole yet? That would have been my 1st port of call! If you dumb your CV down, you might get a job at Vue – they're always looking for people I think (shit job, but flexible hours and free films!)

Sandwich

Sign on for goodness sake, you paid for it when working, might as well use it when you need it. Currently hidden unemployed, not signing on until March 3 to enable another 6 months of JSA. Job applications go on and I do the odd bit of dog sitting for people in town. Currently have a black lab laying at my feet while I have a coffee break and then we're off walking.

binners

Its great innit. I'm one of the legions of the PJ wearing, shoplifting, lambart and butler smoking, Jeremy kyle watchers

The thing that bugging me at the moment is the fact that despite their about 3 million of us, and being apparently in the early throws of an election campaign, nobody is even mentioning us.

The government are doing **** all, the opposition are proposing **** all. The press are more concerned with John Terry. It really is like we don't exist this time around. We're like society's ginger step-child. A frightful embarrassment that nobody will mention 🙁

freddyg
    Free Member

Recently joined joblesstrackworld too. 3 weeks in and still not signed on.

I'm in the same boat as you Jimmy. 20odd years in IT, bags and bags of experience, not got the right keywords/cv layout/whatever and over experienced for numpty jobs.

mrmo
    Free Member

Binners, why would politicians care about the daytime TV brigade, do you really think the average JK watcher can a) work out where to vote, b) mark a ballot paper, c) interrupt their TV watching?

Only old people vote these days, hence all the talk of inheritance tax, car home fees etc.

binners

What I'm saying is that nobody is even mentioning the unemployment rate at the moment. Never mind doing anything about it. In those figures at the moment there are a lot of educated professionals (as the above posts illustrate). Not just the ranks of unemployable ****-wits.

But we seem all but invisible to everyone.

mrmo
    Free Member

Serious question, why not sign on? i am on notice and in 7 weeks i will sign on, i have been paying money to this shower of S*** government for the last 12 years, i want some of my money back.

I have no expectations of the Job Centre providing any help, and know they are a bunch of numpties, i know some employees and how the **** they got a job there i really can't figure out! But it is my money and i want it back. Plus if you don't sign on i believe it affects you NI contributions which may be an issue if you are expecting a state pension.

mrmo
    Free Member

i just don't think the number of people affected by unemployment and the way our voting system , doesn't, work means they are of no interest. if you live in the welsh valleys you vote labour so labour never bothers campaigning. you live in Surrey you vote Conservative ditto.

Sign on, if for no other reason than too maintain your NI stamp contributions.
    I've been signing on for 5 months now, don't watch daytime tele, not enough time.
    & yes, this time round the only mention it gets is regarding youth unemployment. The previous 2 recessions that I can recall had far more coverage on unemployment. Society these days seam more interested in the X Factor et al.

El-bent
    Free Member

What I'm saying is that nobody is even mentioning the unemployment rate at the moment. Never mind doing anything about it. In those figures at the moment there are a lot of educated professionals (as the above posts illustrate). Not just the ranks of unemployable ****-wits.

But we seem all but invisible to everyone.

So we should care about it because some of the professional classes are now unemployed? We didn't seem to care too much when it was "unemployable ****-wits."

Still being invisible has its advantages, at least the Government and media aren't pouring scorn over you for being "benefit Scroungers" like the last time there was a recession.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Signing-on-world.com’ is closed to new replies.