Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • "Signed for" parcel
  • steveoath
    Free Member

We got one of the red cards through the door telling us to come and collect a parcel. “You must bring a valid form of ID” is, as usual, printed on the card. However, the parcel is addressed to my not-yet-2 year old. How does this work? To the best of my knowledge she has no credit/bank cards, or a passport or driving license! Can only assume a well meaning family member has sent her a birthday present a few weeks early.

revs1972
    Free Member

I think you can collect it with their permission

revs1972
    Free Member

In the sorting office I go to , I think the only look at the address on your id as I’ve picked up several packages for the wife

DrP

I think you can collect it with their permission

“Can daddy collect this parcel?”
    “Nope – he’s a smelly poopy head”
    “I’m sorry sir, the child refuses you permission to collect on his behalf..”

DrP

steveoath
    Free Member

😆

nickjb
    Free Member

It does say to take id of the person but I collect stuff for the wife with my id

joat

If it’s anything like ours, the red card is usually enough, but take a utility bill just in case

Cougar

I don’t think I’ve ever been asked for ID ever.

Though, my dad used to work there, so whether they accepted a family resemblance as ID I’ve no idea. Plus with the amount of shit my OH orders online I’m thinking of asking them for a loyalty card.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Not a scam with an expensive phone number is it?

paulwf

Our one look closely at the name, if it is not the same you aren’t getting it.

Cougar

That’s a good point.

The town sorting office, never a problem. Last time I picked up a parcel from my local corner Post Office it took three trips and a lot of sweet-talking because the sender had spelt my OH’s name incorrectly (and had shoddy handwriting so the bloke misread it).

ricky1
    Free Member

I’ve had “signed for” letters/parcels put through my door because the post person knows I love there without them been signed for,naughty or what,mind you,one rule for them n all that.

CountZero

Cougar – Moderator
    I don’t think I’ve ever been asked for ID ever.

Not all the time, but I never know when the sorting office are going to apply it. Last couple of times I’ve had to pick up parcels I think I was asked for ID once, before that a couple of times out of four or five, so about 40-50%.
    As I have my driver’s licence in my wallet and with me all the time it’s no big deal.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘"Signed for" parcel’ is closed to new replies.