Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)
  • (sigh…)
  • Stuey01
    Free Member

Dunno, but I was on the BR forum and there was a chap looking for a large 2nd bike in the classifieds. In his signature he said something about a weight loss mission, and then the fact he’d lost about 25 stone since 2007! Fair effort

That’s the amazing shrinking Gaz. He frequents the commute forum over there. Inspirational guy.

Stuey01
    Free Member

stoopid double post.

Stuey01
    Free Member

There used to be a girlie on the Forum (her name escapes me), she was new to mtb’ing, went to a trail centre and was ridiculed by other riders because of her size.

What a bunch of callous ****. Poor show indeed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

It was loulouk.

http://loulouk.co.uk/

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Damn you Jamie, you’re good!

I was just typing lou somthing!

cinnamon_girl

Hey, well done Jamie! Thanks. 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

Glad she is still going, someone should get her back on here 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t Whoppers have both lettuce and tomato on? There you go then. You’re virtually in ‘health food’ territory there already.

And what about a nice juicy kebab? Loads of salad practically negates any fayt content. All your dietary requirements in one neat easily obtained package.

And if you look around, you can find nice healthy nutritious wheaty beer, which is actually good for you. Medically proven.

This is a raspberry wheat beer. Contains fruit and wheat. How can it not be healthy?

Mmm. Like a liquid jam sandwich….

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m convinced that kebabs are an overlooked diet wonder food.

A shish kebab contains fresh grilled chicken, a large helping of sliced cabbage, lettuce, onions and tomatoes, chilli sauce and pitta bread.

The only fattening bit there is the pitta bread!

Although too much chilli sauce isn’t good for your stomach!

If you ignore donor kebabs then it must be good for you!

emsz
    Free Member

McHamish, you sound like my GF after a night out, we always argue over Kebab or Chips!!

Stuey01
    Free Member

Chicken Shish kebab is health food.
    As you say McHamish, it’s just grilled chicken and salad in a pitta bread.

Doner kebabs, not so much.

singletrackmind

I was listening to Ann Diamond on R2 the other morning . She went abroad ( Belgium iirc ) to have a gastric band fitted .

This was to escape the paps over here who love to target TV celebs / personalities. Unfortunately for her she was recognised and the story got out and was splashed all over the papers .

This got me thinking about gastric band ops . She clearly is no chav scum dimwit who eats a pack of digestives for elevenses . I put her considerable weight gain down to restaurant eating .

Restaurant food is cooked to taste the best it possibly can, there are very often no healthy low fat options at all. Add in the fact that what you are eating tastes very good, and was possibly quite expensive you will hoover the lot up .

Eating out might also be a four course affair , with wine and spirits . Probably very easy to eat 1000+ cals in an hour or so. You dont have to do this very often to become a porker .

I have 3 friends who are clinically obese on the BMI chart 17 , 18 and 21 stone . They try and do ‘ exercise’ twice a week , either a swim or a jog, both lasts about 30 mins . Immediatly after this massive workout its straight into the cafe for breaky, or a restaurant for tea. They sit there and much their way through a massive curry all smug because they have ‘earned ‘ their Butter Chicken . I try to tell them they have only burnt 200 – 300 caloris but its pointless.

To top it all i was told i was mad and stupid for wanting to lose 8lb to drop me to 12 stone.

Its not just poor , uneducated chavs who have food issues , tho it may be the majority

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was listening to Ann Diamond on R2 the other morning

Why? Are no other radio stations available?? 😯

My fave kebab house, Mangal Ocabashi in Dalston, does a fantastic lamb kebab, with big chunks of fresh, lean, tender grilled meat. Can’t imagine owt more healthy, really. And a darn sight more tasty than some flipping Mung beans or rabbit food.

I’ve just done some weights, so I’ve’earned’ a bag of Haribo Tangfastics. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

85kg this morning..!

singletrackmind

” I was listening to Ann Diamond being interviewed by Jeremy Vine on R2 the other morning ”

Better?

Anyway , we play popmaster in the morning . Makes our day it does.

emsz
    Free Member

so I’ve’earned’ a bag of Haribo Tangfastics.

Oh, can I have a cherry?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, cos I’ve eaten the entire bayg, and I now feel sightly sick. 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

Haribo are rough. Most of their sweets make me feel poorly in one way or another after a whole bag.

Bassetts and Maynards do not.

emsz
    Free Member

Grrrrr.

Will have to go and get some now.

Molly, Haribo are the best by far.

43kg this morning

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I don’t eat sweets, can’t see why anyone would.

emsz
    Free Member

Girl with a bad sweetie habit says…Whaaaattttt?

wind up

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Me a wind up or you?

emsz
    Free Member

You! Obviously

every-one likes sweets

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not me. I really don’t get what the attraction of them is.
    Just utter junk isn’t it?
    I don’t eat sugar straight from the packet either, although do like brown sugar sandwiches… go figure.

molgrips
    Free Member

My legs weigh 43kg, that’s just ridiculous.

Wine gums are better than Haribo, easily.

emsz
    Free Member

😐

What’s wrong?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think he’s just cut his legs off and they weigh a lot more than he thought they would 😐

Molly you really should’ve asked the forum before attempting this.

emsz
    Free Member

No, with you, I meant?

You don’t seem your usual self.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve got a bad knee, but I’m alright 🙂
    Oh and I have run out of wine. I’m only half full of win.
    Didn’t think I was being any different though? I was typing from the bath tub… makes me more succinct.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wonder if Tesco will still be doing 4 Kit Kat Chunkys for a pound tomorrow morning…I can’t think about anything else this evening.

I’m nowhere near gastric band territory at the moment, but definitely in fat masseur-land. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is getting apprehensive about LEJOG dont worry you will be fine …the rest is macho bravado

When you oop north – email in profile for dates time round manchester may meet up if possible
    emsz you is less than 7 stone 😯

emsz
    Free Member

K

Typing from the bath…I’m in bed

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m going out for chips now 😛

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Emsz – what are you wearing?

Junky – current plan is Mkt Drayton to Preston on the 27th. Would be good if you could pop out to see us. Seriously though my knee is hurting… been giving way on me when I walk upstairs 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

I was typing from the bath tub… makes me more succinct.

ow there is an image that is going to haunt me something like this

Junkyard
    Free Member

TSY emsz i think you generaly have internet sex without the use of a forum but hey I wll get you started
    What you wearing ? are either of you hot perhaps?

emsz
    Free Member

Vest and PJS. (stripy flannel) Not very sexy I’m afraid.

Sorry

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Course I’m hot… I’m wearing a suit in the bath!

emsz
    Free Member

emsz you is less than 7 stone

no tits no hips no bum 😐

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Look on the bright side- nothing to get all saggy and baggy. 🙂

You must be very, very tiny though.

Tiny is best cos it’s more environmentally friendly.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘(sigh…)’ is closed to new replies.