Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • *sigh* Will it arrive today? Will it? Yodel content
  • kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve bought a frame to replace my BFe. I haven’t ridden a bike in nearly three weeks and I’m going spare. Seller sent it yesterday via Yodel 24… Will it arrive today?

The P2G tracking doofer suggests that “it should arrive no later than the 9th”…

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but surely something sent on the 7th using a 24hr service will arrive on the 8th, not should arrive within 48 hours depending on whether the drivers can be arsed or not?

For the sake of a few quid the seller’s skimped on decent postage and entered a lottery instead. My fault, I should’ve asked who they’d be using.

Bah. I’m just climbing the bloody walls here and needed to vent. It’s lovely and I haven’t got a **** bike sorted yet. Still, I’ve got me health, eh?

akira

Someone in a ten mile radius is enjoying your frame right now.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

ten mile radius from where though?

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s just the **** bill-topper. The replacement builds have been dogged with ‘oh, I forgots’ and ‘I’ll send it/them tomorrows’. OH’s bike is built, minus brakes. Mine’s waiting to be built, minus a frame…

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

I should be shocked and appalled at how rubbish people are but I’m more shocked that I’m not.

I’m ranty and punchy, sorry. I know people have stuff going on other than having to post stuff.

burt
    Free Member

Good luck, I have a yodel parcel somewhere in the south of England at the moment. Apparently it was delivered yesterday, no card, no sign of it in the usual places, not with the neighbours. Awaiting yodel to do a ‘driver interview’

kayla1
    Free Member

Yodel are great*, aren’t they?

* not great.

joemmo
    Free Member

for Yodel – see almost any courier. New bike delivery earlier this year (UK Mail) failed to turn up at work as per tracking. On contacting them via their sub-contracted customer service line it turned out the driver first ‘couldn’t find’ the address – a 9 storey office block with several hundred people on site – and then had ‘tried’ but failed to make the delivery. Presumably because they came in a stealth van that evaded the manned barrier entry to the site but forgot to disengage invisibility mode and were unable to summon anyone at the delivery desk.

I’m sure yours will turn up eventually. It costs about £15 to send a frame by Parcelforce, tracked and insured, not sure why people are desperate to shave a few quid off that.

rickmeister

Yodel you say…

Skip and bin diving in a 1 mile radius of your house, it is….

belugabob
    Free Member

Or, you were typing so loudly, that you didn’t hear them knock on the door – there will be an apologetic/sarcastic note in your letterbox, right now.

joemmo
    Free Member

good point – have you checked your own bin? Some couriers treat it like an ad-hoc Collect+ point.

kayla1
    Free Member

Parcel has just left sodding Ipswich.

08/11/2017 – 13:32 Departed Depot Ipswich (Yodel)
    07/11/2017 – 21:30 Parcel Picked Up Ipswich (Yodel)
    07/11/2017 – 21:29 Parcel returned to delivery depot Ipswich (Yodel)
    07/11/2017 – 17:54 Parcel Picked Up Ipswich (Yodel)
    07/11/2017 – 16:32 Driver En Route Ipswich (Yodel)
    07/11/2017 – 09:27 Driver En Route

WTaF?

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

burt
    Free Member

Ooh they’ve now picked it up from a road with a tree in its name and delivered it to my house that is in another road with a different tree in its name.
    Close but no cigar.

docgeoffyjones

To save time our yodel driver was not actually loading parcels onto his van and just driving to address and saying he had left cards.

kayla1
    Free Member

So, the box has made it to the local Yodel depot but it’s not showing as ‘out for delivery’ today (yet)…

edit- it’s out for delivery!

Sandwich

Ipswich you say? May be arriving here then, well when I’m out with the dog. I’ll check the wheelie on my return!

Ben_H

I’ve just had to refund a buyer, after Yodel picked-up but then failed to deliver an item (a van wheel, incidentally).

It’s not been updated on the tracking status dashboard for 13 days now, so I assume it’s lost. How on earth do you lose a 25kg van wheel???!!!

Yodel have been *terrible* to deal with at every stage – and I am now out of pocket.

Reading their terms and conditions, it seems that I may only be eligible to claim for a refund of the postage cost of £14 or so; rather than the full amount of the item lost.

“Grrr” doesn’t cover it! 👿

newrobdob
    Free Member

BenH – did you pay for appropriate insurance?

kayla1
    Free Member

Grr indeed.

Ben_H

No – I didn’t read the small print carefully enough.

As it happens, said van wheel was on eBay with a £0.01 starting price that eventually went for only £11.02… so my “loss” was arguably made at the selling stage (I was hoping for closer to £40).

I will definitely not use Yodel again.

Their entire process for dealing with customers is very limited AI / chatbot based.

teethgrinder

My item has been delivered to next door

ThePinkster

If it’s any compensation I had a delivery from Yodel yesterday which was left exactly where the car stuffed through my letterbox said it would be, and everything was fine with it.

I think I may be one of the rarities here but any Yodel deliveries to me have always been on time and delivered to the right address.

I still wouldn’t use them to send anything though, based purely on others experiences.

spev

Could be worse, it could be UPS, they keep taking our deliveries to our competitors warehouse about 5 miles away in a different postcode ( I say competitor but I mean they deal in the same trade but are massive and we are tiny). Out of the 10 most recent deliveries 5 have gone there

Kryton57

Or, you were typing so loudly, that you didn’t hear them knock on the door – there will be an apologetic/sarcastic note in your letterbox, right now.

I recieved a text on that basis from DPD based on attempted delivery a minute earlier. I was sitting next to the front door with full view of the street outside at the time.

I was hopeful when the depot immediately picked up the phone until they told me – that in the space of 3 minutes – the van was now in a different area and it would take 2 hours to return….

trail_rat
    Free Member

i had that same thing with DHL

was an urgent delivery of vehicle parts i needed to finish a job for a mate.

id paid for the expedited delivery.

i was sitting in the garden with coffee when the text arrived – and id been there for about an hour.

Straight on the phone to DHL aberdeen office to get them to sort their shit out. 20 minutes later i had the package with a very apologetic driver who said he drove past the road end as usually theres no one in at ours.

windydave13
    Free Member

Yodel just delivered my new seatpost from CRC/Wiggle today with no issue. They tried yesterday when i wasn;t in and as per the email then sent, they tried again today and it was delivered. So far so good

trail_rat
    Free Member

my seatposts still in wednesbury sorting office.

conversely northern commercial just called to say the tank straps i ordered 10 minutes ago are in a box and will be shipped parcelforce 24 by 2pm and to ensure someones in to sign for them tomorrow.

downhillfast
    Free Member

joemmo –
    good point – have you checked your own bin? Some couriers treat it like an ad-hoc Collect+ point.

They all seem to leave parcels in my recycling bins, gets a bit messy when they use the garden waste/food waste bin though… 🙄
    Otherwise they leave parcels hidden behind bushes for me to find later, when it’s dark, often covered in slugs and suchlike (which I discover when I feel their cold slimyness on my hands as I pick up the parcel, or notice later that evening when slugs and snails are venturing around my kitchen… nice…

trail_rat
    Free Member

oooft we have a development its now in aberdeen….. will it go out with a courier today or tomorrow …..

#Youbet!

sadmadalan

My only contribution is Amazon. They failed to deliver an item from their warehouse using their delivery drivers to their Amazon lockers, not once but twice. They blamed the fact that I had not brought it from Amazon but from a seller selling through Amazon. The fact that the item was in their warehouse was of no value.

In all fairness they did attempt a third and fourth time. The third time they delivered to my house – when it was supposed to go somewhere else. The fourth time was successful, only because I had it delivered to the property rather than to the locker. Got another 6 months of Amazon Prime for my suffering

kayla1
    Free Member

Only 8 more drops until the driver gets to me…

BillOddie

We seem to be reasonably lucky in my village with the couriers with the exception of Hermes who seem to like chucking packages over my side gate.

trademark
    Free Member

Well OP, I live nearby so I hope one of those 8 drops is mine!? 🙂

Edit; AND my neighbour is in to get it, hopefully!

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s here.

😀

Kryton57

I waited all day for the result and not even even a **** picture.

0/10. 😉

Kryton57

chucking packages over my side gate.

I use the “courier” notes to say don’t do this. Makes no difference.

kayla1
    Free Member

Soz, I was busy furiously building it up as soon as it arrived, pic later if anyone’s interested.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘*sigh* Will it arrive today? Will it? Yodel content’ is closed to new replies.