Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Sigh – my first posting about tyres…
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I don't normally indulge in starting threads about tyres, but today I feel moved to consult The Hive Mind to solve this dilemma.

My trancex came with 2.1 Nevs (F-sticke, R-DTC) which punctured like crazy, but since tublessing them have been great all rounders managing all surface types well. As the treads have worn down they have got better and better IMO. But rear has been thrashed with sidewalls going all thready and leaky. It had to go. My last bad tear was at CyB and I bought a 2.35 HR 60a as an emergency replacement.

I struggled a bit to get the HR to go tubeless and took it for a proper test on the Qs today:

a) it feels so slow to pedal along- the zip and punch of the bike has gone

b) downhill I can really feel the big footprint and it leans and rails loose corners so much that I was hitting warp speeds where the front nearly washes out scaring he dooda out of me.

c) twisty singletrack feels way less sharp. In fact I got rutted and crashed, managing a somersault into heather(unhurt)

I think the HR makes the bike too freeridy – more like a reign. I think it has to go (sigh… more messing about with sealant and CO2)

What now?

Onzadog
    Free Member

How about a 2.1 UST Nevegal?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Sigh – my first posting about tyres…’ is closed to new replies.