Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sierra Nevada biking photos
  • footflaps

Just got back from a week MTBing in the The Alpujarras, in Sierra Nevada, with Ciclo Montana Espana and thought I’d post some nice photos:

Full set can be found here

oxnop
    Free Member

Very nice, we have booked to go in june and cant wait. Did you go tubeless?

footflaps

Tubeless is the only way to go and make sure your tyres have tough sidewalls (UST or DH)!

NB Marco & Jacky are superb hosts – you’ll have an excellent week.

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

Thanks for the excellent pictures Footflaps. I often thought it looks great round there – would you say you could just do it on your own or is a guide a must?

footflaps

Given how cheap Ciclo Montana are and how good a time we had, I’d say get a guide / stay with them. Marco found some of the trails randomly, created others as well as using existing mapped paths. The use of a Van to meet you and join bits up is really useful as well.

giantjason
    Free Member

i was with Ciclo in february and had the best week riding on some of the best trails.

cant wait to get out to spain again!!!

garnyam
    Free Member

Good shot of Marco, “keeping it real”.
    How do they do it for the money…

footflaps

Marco did tend to ham it up a bit too much for the camera:

On a 10 degree gradient!!!

rickmeister

Indeed, how do they do it for the money! Was the Froyster getting jiggy with you?

footflaps

Not sure who the Froyster is – was it one of their dogs? If so, they’re all too old to do anything now…

MrK
    Free Member

I often thought it looks great round there – would you say you could just do it on your own or is a guide a must?

i’m going to competa in the Alpujarras soon with a friend. been before with a couple of good maps and it was amazing! if you see a nice looking track wending down a hill then just ride it! 🙂

acjim
    Free Member

2nd pic – that was a fave when I went – bermtastic

rickmeister

Dave Froy, same age as Marco, the Arfur Daley of the biking world, lives in the same village as Carlos and the pizza bar…. Used to run a team at Evans Cycles.

garnyam
    Free Member

Daves’ about 10 years older than Marco, he has a little house in Pitres.
    He’s doing a good deal on Chris King bottom brackets at the moment, “allegedly”.

footflaps

Nope, never met him.

Did get mauled by their cats a few times though…..

footflaps

One thing I’d recommend to anyone going out there is these:

which Marco used to fix punctures which were too big for Stans to seal – worked a treat as well. I ended up using a couple in my rear tyre which couldn’t hack the rocks even filled with loads of Stans.

rickmeister

Yeah, forgot he is over 60.. still going strog though…

Yetiman
    Free Member

Thanks for showing the pics. Heading back out there in 5 weeks time and can’t wait!

garnyam
    Free Member

Second the Innovations tubeless tyre repair, don’t leave home without them.
    I told Marco about them a couple of years ago, definiately the best way to repair a tubeless pinch on the tyre bead.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sierra Nevada biking photos’ is closed to new replies.