Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sierra Enduro Race?
  • dbcooper
    Free Member

Is anyone thinking of entering this http://www.sierraenduro.com/?
    Looks really good.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve ridden one of those stages, brutal but a right giggle. Really fast but loads of chop and rock gardens.

The 2.5hr climb in 30+ degrees heat however was not a giggle.

johni
    Free Member

I’m out there 3 weeks before so not taking part in the event.

The trails are excellent though so well worth a visit.

“Daily climbing can be between 1000-2000m” – however there are van shuttles which take you a long way up the mountain. Generally the climbing is just from the highest point the van can reach to the trailhead. (i.e. you don’t have to climb anywhere near the amount you descend) It is unlikely to be 30+C in October. At the trail altitudes at that time of year it is usually a pleasant temperature. I’ve ridden there in June though and it is downright unpleasant! 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    switchbacks
    Free Member

Hi guys, just to clarify it DEF will not be that hot in October – one of the reason we are hosting it then:) Normally end Oct is around 20C and excellent riding weather. There will be plenty of climbs but each day starts with a long shuttle up the hill so at the end of the day there will be a lot more down that up. Also something to remember, the climbs aren’t timed so you can chill up the fire road climbs saving yourself for the downs.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Not seen the chosen trails yet but “6 inches only” is probably one of the best/hardest trails I’ve ever ridden. Love it out there.

julians
    Free Member

Ridden a lot of the trails out there with Mike at switchbacks, they really are excellent. We always went at end of October and the temperature was just right,warm and dry but not too hot.

generallevi
    Free Member

Guys,
    My names Lee and I am co-hosting this event with Michael from Switchbacks. I totally reiterate what Michael has said, climbs are not timed, and there will be a shuttle to gain the elevation first thing. Please make no mistake though. There will be days in excess of 40km with 2000m of climbing. Descents need to he earned, even at your own pace….

We already have national champions signed up and a current World Champion on board. Same trails, climb at your own pace but you need to be fit, make no mistake.

If that seems up your street then throw us an application form over, downloadable from the website http://www.sierraenduro.com

All the very best,

Lee.

toys19
    Free Member

Derbs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sierra Enduro Race?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts