Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 206 total)
  • Sierra Cycling Holidays Fuengirola Southern Spain
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Your review was your second ever post here, not long after joining, and curiously 6 months after your holiday. The title reads as search term-encompassing google friendly and unnatural, hence the scepticism. I received threatening emails from an “unrelated third party” who leapt to Alans defence to a disturbing level, and my reply to you was reasonable, expressing the genuine hope that the old thread had made Alan raise his game. I mention other experiences to contextualise my reviews. Interesting you didn’t see fit to post a negative review of this other company who you experienced more recently which would obviously serve forum users well.

I’m amazed the other thread was second to their website in google 8 months on. I’m sure Alan is encouraging happy customers to post counter reviews. Why you why now?

To hugor, I missed the LBS thread you mentioned, I had in mind some opposite-effect threads, such as criticism of the Cotic Rocket being leapt on by the largely pro-Cotic STW collective. There’s an expression that a happy customer tells 1 person, an unhappy one tells 10, but I have never cross-posted the SC thread into anything other than other SC threads, whereas I’ve mentioned Kerala in “what holiday” threads, and even bike-related threads where I’ve posted a pic of my bike in action. Happy customers become advocates, and without suggesting we get to hold suppliers to ransom it would have been possible for Alan for instance to turn the last thread around by engaging with us, and people like Richy at silverfish try to solve problems.

if so Sierra should be commended for sorting themselves out.

I agree and I think I said as much.

wrecker
    Free Member

Which holiday companies charge 220 pounds a day for instruction?

An Afternoon. In a BMX park.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

edit function timed out so second post

and name dropping other companies – which sounds very suspect to me?

OP, are you genuinely suggesting my review/posts are suspicious? Check my and my other half Munqe Chick’s posting history, we waste far too much time here and have posted glowing reviews of more than one company so not sure which one we work for? As I said I think mentioning other products/services contextualises a review. If I review my full susser I compare it to my last one and other designs I’ve owned, which might give the reader more to work from than “this is my first full sus and itz da bomb”.

To go back to my original reply and bow out from the thread, I hope Alan has raised his game and is providing the sort of service people should expect. If that is the case then some good came of our experience (I was effectively writing on behalf of a group of 9) and the original thread.

bullheart
    Free Member

Holy ‘not-really-a-thread-resurrection-but-actually-kind-of-a-thread-resurrection-in-a-kind-of-way-inadvertently-sort-of’!

jota180
    Free Member

I believe that Alan is retiring this year, not sure what’s happening to the business though

jota180
    Free Member

Holy ‘not-really-a-thread-resurrection-but-actually-kind-of-a-thread-resurrection-in-a-kind-of-way-inadvertently-sort-of’!

All we need now is Trimix to tell us what it was like when he was a diving guide 😀

bullheart
    Free Member

😆

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

😛 😛 we still tease him regularly about it.

footflaps

No I’ve never done PR but maybe it’s a career I should pursue..

Don’t give up the day job….

drwato
    Free Member

No tarmac or fire road with Sierra Cycling as they have transit vans to take care of that…

Only Single Track, XC, Enduro, Downhill if you ask them…

Check the photos yourself

http://www.sierracycling.com/imagegallery/2011-10-2/index.php

Great holiday, met several people that week who I now go out riding with from time to time

Jamie
    Free Member

Can you read my irony sarcasm??

Edit: Nice ninja edit. D?mo arigat? misut? drwato.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

DrWato, can you please, please be more condecending, there’s nothing that I like more and encourages me to go on holliday with Sierra Cycling than being talked at like I’m 5 years old. Can you read my irony?

drwato
    Free Member

None cynical review added to trip advisor…

🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

everybody was kung-fu editing, did id did di did di di, those cats were fast as lightning, did id did di did di di……………..

Dobbo

I like the way the in the first post the bar and being picked up from the airport are Free of Charge when they are paid for as part of the package.

The OP on the other hand is spamming STW Free of Charge. 😆

drwato
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone who bothers to comment on this thread actually has a job or are most of you Job Seekers Allowance claimants who sit around starring at this page all day rather than doing any proper work?
    😆

Dobbo

Ahhh, the real drwato is starting to surface. 8)

MrsToast
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone who bothers to comment on this thread actually has a job or are most of you Job Seekers Allowance claimants who sit around starring at this page all day rather than doing any proper work?

So, by also posting in this thread, are you suggesting that you’re not doing proper work? Or that is this your work?

johnners
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone who bothers to comment on this thread actually has a job

Fair enough to wonder – you’re here though. Is bigging up SC in any way your job?

edit – slower than MrsT, but similarly cynical!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes I’m currently a self employed consultant.

In my spare time I’ve been hitting report on the spam ads on Singletrack. Most only bother with 2 lines…..

I’m glad you felt the need to join STW to sell a frame and rave about a holiday. (using the idiots guide to key search words)

drwato
    Free Member

Hahaha I see your not denying being a doley with nothing else better to do with your time??? I’m off work with an injury from my last holiday (fractured collarbone) so at least have an excuse for being this sad!

Ch’ch’ch’check yourself…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I see your not denying being a doley with nothing else better to do with your time???

OK, I’m not claiming a thing. Been doing some work for a bid this week and reading STW as I go, currently having my tea and a beer laughing at this thread.

I’m glad you enjoyed your holiday. Was the fractured collar bone from not submitting a good enough review online?

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’m glad you enjoyed your holiday. Was the fractured collar bone from not submitting a good enough review online?

IT PUTS THE REVIEW ON THE SITE, OR IT GETS THE HOSE!

drwato
    Free Member

Hahahaha No from being a shite mountain biker I think… I don’t take things too seriously…

Enjoy the weird combo of Beer and err Tea???

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sorry for being rude!

[quote]Just wondered if anyone who bothers to comment on this thread actually has a job or are most of you Job Seekers Allowance claimants who sit around starring at this page all day rather than doing any proper work?[/quote]

Hahaha I see your not denying being a doley with nothing else better to do with your time???

drwato
    Free Member

Hey Am I being Cyber-bullied??? I feel a little intimidation and self doubt creeping in – I’m sure there’s a law against this sort of thing?

Jamie
    Free Member

IT PUTS THE REVIEW ON THE SITE, OR IT GETS THE HOSE!

Oh wait. Was she a big fat Spanish mtb holiday reviewer?

RustyMac

If you are worried drwato you can always report the posts and look at getting the thread removed 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hey Am I being Cyber-bullied???

You’re the one calling names

johnners
    Free Member

Hahaha I see your not denying being a doley with nothing else better to do with your time???

How rude. For all you know we could all have suddenly acquired some convenient (possibly) biking-related injury that leaves us unable to work but able to type.

drwato
    Free Member

Point taken Rusty Mac, User Jamie you best ask User Mrs Toast if she’s got an issue?

Anyway 3 people against 1 is bullying so I reckon needs reporting… Thanks Rusty Mac

bullheart
    Free Member

D?mo arigat? misut? drwato.

Some Wotsits and a cherry brandy?????

I fear my Spanish is rusty…

Jamie
    Free Member

I fear my Spanish is rusty…

8)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

No tarmac or fire road with Sierra Cycling as they have transit vans to take care of that..

seriously, I’d quite whilst just about even if I were you. Do I really have to answer that with content from the original thread? 🙄

I’d turn the abuse dial down to about a 5 too if you intend to stick around and get some value from this site. Mark is concerned about the regular clique deterring new members, but some people dont help themselves. STW got me through an injury-induced riding free summer living vicariously and kept me motivated to ride (ironically the SC trip was my first proper ride) and whilst I dont personally know most of the contributors there is a wealth of experience, advice, support and BS to tap into. You wouldnt walk into a group of strangers in a pub (would you?) and blanket insult them, why expect it to have a positive result here?

And I’m on rest days at the mo, prepping for Bikefest this weekend.

drwato
    Free Member

I think your comments above Crashtestmonkey are fair enough as everybody is entitled to have an opinion and report an experience be it good or bad… Unfortunately your was bad.

As regards the previous abusive and offensive provocative comments from previous users, check the T&C’s abuse reported…

wrecker
    Free Member

As regards the comment previous to this check the T&C’s abuse reported…

I wouldn’t place too much weight on this, I reported you (check the T&Cs) on the first page and nothing happened.

drwato
    Free Member

Its still abusive and offensive to people over weight and Spanish… Oh and childish!

And I make you the 10th person to be giving me some form of Harassment on this site…

If anyone does bother to read this that’s quite clearly some form of cyber-bullying…

Dobbo

Am I in the 10? 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m not going to bully any one, as thats not my style, but this is very interesting and funny 😆

Mark

I wouldn’t place too much weight on this, I reported you (check the T&Cs) on the first page and nothing happened.

Not true since I posted a response on the actual thread itself. Or by ‘nothing happened’ do you mean we didn’t do what you expected?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘Sierra Cycling Holidays Fuengirola Southern Spain’ is closed to new replies.