Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sidi road shoes cleat fitting question:
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve just got a pair of Sidi Genius 5 road shoes, the sole of the shoe looks like this:

and I’m fitting Shimano SPD SL cleats so only need to use the three larger bolt holes. The smaller nut in the middle moves in the slot and rattles. This picture is shown in the manual that came with the shoes:

does this mean that I should remove the insole and cut open the shoe (there is what looks to be a cutting guide) to remove the smaller nut to stop the rattle? Thanks

aP
    Free Member

Just get your glue gun and fill up the slot, that’ll stop it rattling.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Bollox does it rattle! I’ve just bought a pair and put speed play cleats on. Hadn’t thought about that and didn’t want to start cutting the new shoes. Have you also noticed it says about cuttIng the tounge.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fubar
    Free Member

just screw (and washer) in place (I thought my shoes came with a screw and plate to fit but perhaps I already had one around)

JEngledow
    Free Member

just screw (and washer) in place (I thought my shoes came with a screw and plate to fit but perhaps I already had one around)

I did think about that, but not sure if it would limit the positioning of the cleat.

TiRed

The small central hole is for look cleat stabilizing tab – so you can reattach new cleats in the same position every time. Won’t do anything for spd-sl. I just squash in the bluetac on my dual spd and look sidis. And yes the rattle every pedal stroke is a little annoying!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sidi road shoes cleat fitting question:’ is closed to new replies.