Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sidi replacement buckles for >8 yr old shoes.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Where can I get replacement buckles for Sidi road shoes that are about 8 or 10 years old? They seemed to have changed the buckle a couple of times since I bought them, and I’m struggling to find that style of buckle. I’ve tried checking all over Google.
    The shoes themselves are still in ok shape apart from one of the springs in the buckle failing.
    Cheers.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Just get one of the new buckles.
    So far all mine have been interchangeable.
    Just different colours and styles of ratchet.
    Only issue I’ve had with older spares is that the way the strap mounts to the tongue. Current ones don’t fit.

Have a 20 minute browse on something like sidi cafe. Should be able to find something suitable.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

See the thing is, I bought some replacement ones about two years ago (before the original ones failed), which looked the same, but the plastic strap didn’t fit through properly. I’m guessing the straps have got a few mm narrower on newer models too – so that’s put me off in getting anything other than a suitable replacement, unless I can be sure it fits.

It would make sense for them all to just be interchangeable, the mind boggles 🙄 . All about money I guess sadly like most things.

rickmeister

Can you post a picture, I have some off older shoes…

taxi25
    Free Member

Could you fit the newer straps to go with the newer buckles you have ?
    http://www.bikechaincafe.com/sidi-caliper-buckle-strap-black.html

somafunk

I have a couple of pairs of old eagle/dragon srs sidi mtb shoes in the attic, if the buckles would fit your shoes your welcome to have them for nowt?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Cool chaps I’ll try get a pic posted later if I can! 🙂

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

i have some new old ones from Dominators, I can post if they match your posted pictures, if they buy me drink when you see me next…

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Hey rocky mountain do you have an email address I could get through to you on?
    Cheers.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

yep, or post your here?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Yeah mine is mic_mtbAThotmailDOTcom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sidi replacement buckles for >8 yr old shoes.’ is closed to new replies.