• This topic has 30 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Sideburns
  • What’s everyone’s opinions on them? I’ve had some since I was a lad…not guy Martin ones just an inch below the tops of my ears…thinking of getting rid

rudebwoy
    Free Member

bit radical

rudebwoy
    Free Member

dye them , port and starboard…

yunki
    Free Member

I wouldn’t risk it

Is that radical? Just a late night post innit…

I mite try it tomoro…

Color?

yunki
    Free Member

grum
    Free Member

POIDH

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Red for your left, green for your right

Taff
    Free Member

Had them since about 15-16. I look weird without them in my eyes. Length varies month to month. Currently just below my ears

theotherjonv

I used to have a pair, then didn’t, then grew a bushy pair for the post TdF / olympics. They so annoyed my mum that i’ve kept them (I’m 43 by the way)

Had a hair cut last week and the barber offered to straighten them up a bit – and the ****** took about an inch off the length with a cutthroat and trimmed all the bushiness out.

So now I’ve got 2 speed sideys – ‘normal’ length to about top of the earlobe and another inch below that will take a week or so to look like sideys as opposed to bad shaving; which I’ll then have to rehabilitate back into the full community.

They do make my face look quite different actually – better of course, although my mum would argue that point.

yunki
    Free Member

I think what this thread needs is pictorial evidence of your personal growth, culminating in a sidey-off..

with a big pack of organic pork chops for the winner

these are my current offering..

trail_rat
    Free Member

guy at work commented on mine the other week…..

“are you auditioning for emmerdale with those things ? ”

firestarter
    Free Member

We had a competition last year and year before to grow the best ones on the watch, its a fine line between looking silly and avoiding gaffers from headquarters on courses and big jobs and being super cool 😉

DezB
    Free Member

yunki, your hair needs a wash.

yunki
    Free Member

HEY..!!

I’ll have you know that I only apply the very finest cod liver oil to achieve that rakish style and lustrous gleam..

DezB
    Free Member

Cod liver oil? Must keep it nice n supple?

Drac

What’s everyone’s opinions on them? I’ve had some since I was a lad…not guy Martin ones just an inch below the tops of my ears…thinking of getting rid

An inch below the top is barely encroaching sideburn territory, I grew some Wiggin style ones the other month to annoy the Mrs. I got sick of them about a week after her and they’re gone. Too itchy.

yunki
    Free Member

nice n supple

a gazillion mermaids can’t all be wrong, and they flippin’ love combing their hair..

this one has more impressive sideburns than the OP too..

DezB
    Free Member

I found a pic of me looking enigmatic 🙂
    See that other item on the chairlift? Well, they were black ’til he came along 😉

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I got sick of them about a week after her and they’re gone. Too itchy.

what, her , the sides, or both ? 😯

I’m going for it…before and after photos tomoro

rudebwoy
    Free Member

you dyeing them then ?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

you dyeing them then ?

Nope chopping them off…

rudebwoy
    Free Member

just do one side for the day …

tomhoward

Mine go to my jaw line, might go full on guy for a bit.

joat

Mine have been getting gradually longer recently. It was mentioned at the weekend that they might need a bit of a tidy 😥

seven
    Free Member

define sideburn.

How far below the ear does it have to get before it is classed as a sideburn?

How bushy does it need to be?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Fascinating.

DezB
    Free Member

This fine fellow shares a name with my father

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Sideburns’ is closed to new replies.