Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Side effect of the iDave lifestyle
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m more enthused about riding my bike 🙂
    I’ve lost about 3-4kg in two weeks and have not been riding that much. I took the dog out for a little blast around Delamere on Saturday afternoon – weather was lovely, trails were firm…. I loved it and so did the woofer.
    Back out yesterday for the usual ride and although it was chilly and wetter it was still a great ride. I’m feeling more energised than usual.
    Broke the rules a bit last night with apple crumble and some twiglets and feel suitably guilty now. Back to the omlette, peas and chorizo this morning!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Stage 1 : Increased enthusiasm for exercise.

Stage 2 : …I’ll not spoil the surprise.

oddjob
    Free Member

Flatulence?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Faster
    Fitter
    Stronger
    Longer
    it’s all good 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nope, nope, nope, nope and nope.

surfer
    Free Member

Its a “lifestyle” now is it?

iDave
    Free Member

*ponders new ‘lifestyle’ and accessory based business model*

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m in.

Handbags with ‘iDave, do you?’ written on it?

It could be huge.

donsimon
    Free Member

It could be huge.

It’s growing.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – you trying to pinch my lifestyle subscription based model?!

BoardinBob

I’ve had to throw out about 6 pairs of jeans as they’re all massively too big for me now. Been through a couple of pairs of work trousers too

bigdawg
    Free Member

yeah the biggest side effect of hte diet is being skint after having to buy virtually a whole new set of clothes – you seen the price of 501’s nowadays?!?!?!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve had to throw out about 6 pairs of jeans as they’re all massively too big for me now. Been through a couple of pairs of work trousers too

I’m in the same position but not through the iDave way. I’ve been using a food diary on my iPhone and lost 7 kilos in two months.

I don’t see it as a diet at all but I’m just being more careful in what I eat.

thomthumb
    Free Member

food diary on my iPhone

what app?

oddjob
    Free Member

camera 😉

Bimbler
    Free Member

Pilates becomes interesting, worrying and embarrassing and less fun, riding more fun

Gary_M
    Free Member

app is myfitnesspal. Its made a massive difference to what I eat, you need to be honest with yourself and commit to tracking everything you eat.

iDave
    Free Member

good if it works for you, but that sounds like a major ball ache? do you change the type of food you eat and what do you do when you get to your target weight?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My mrs uses myfitnesspal too.

The calorie metrics on it are misleading IMO. Especially if you set it up to the maximum weight loss per week.

Also – how do you work out how many calories are in the home cooked food you’ve just eaten?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Its not a ball ache at all, I enjoy using it. Haven’t made any major changes to the type of food I eat but I’ll avoid eating some foods now.

The app asks you to enter your target weight and how many weeks you want to take to achieve that weight loss in. It then gives you a daily calorie goal, I felt mine was too low so upped it to 1800 calories a day. You then track any food you eat or excercise you do.

Haven’t reached my target weight yet, got another 2 kg to lose, but you would then revert back to a ‘normal’ calorie intake to maintain that weight.

Also – how do you work out how many calories are in the home cooked food you’ve just eaten?

You can easily create ‘recipes’ based on the ingredients in the home cooked meal.

The ‘calorie metrics’ may be misleading but it’s worked well for me. I’m not bothered if the figures are not 100% accurate, as long as the weight is coming off then its close enough for me. It also helps add discipline to your eating.

I don’t have to completely avoid any food type and I feel fantastic.

BoardinBob

I track my calorie intake and for home cooked stuff I weigh out all the ingredients and calculate the calories in them, work out the total for the entire thing I’m making then weigh out each portion and work out the calories for that portion. Takes no time at all to do and because I keep a food diary and eat the same foods often, I can easily look back and find out the calories without having to do those calculations.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Whichever way you tell it… that sounds like a ball ache!

Thankfully the mrs is happy with my wild guestimates… ‘about 400’.

iDave
    Free Member

“I track my calorie intake and for home cooked stuff I weigh out all the ingredients and calculate the calories in them, work out the total for the entire thing I’m making then weigh out each portion and work out the calories for that portion”

I think I’ll just stick to ‘eating food’ 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Whichever way you tell it… that sounds like a ball ache!

But its not.

BoardinBob

But its not.

+1

I bought a diary and carry it with me all the time. Takes about 5 seconds per meal to log it.

Major ballache…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So say you’re having a handful of mixed nuts??

Fair play if it works for you. I weigh a lot of the food I eat but the home cooked meal thing and then working out portion sizes… not for me ta.

BoardinBob

I think I’ll just stick to ‘eating food’

My problem was I wasn’t eating enough so my weight loss on iDave stalled. I wasn’t starving myself, but in an effort to track down the problem I started the diary then shared it with my trainer after a couple of weeks.

They spotted I wasn’t eating enough and suggested a few key changes which I’ve adopted and seen tremendous results. So the food diary works for me and I’m very happy with it. Being a saddo numbers geek I actually enjoy all the numbers tracking and stuff. 😳

iDave
    Free Member

how can it take 5 secs to weigh all the ingredients etc?

I understand that some people like doing it that way, it just seems totally unnecessary, therefore a ball-ache.

I suppose its enjoying the minutiae of process as much as the result. I’d rather crack on with eating what I know will be beneficial.

I’m aware I can be an utter cock about making things simple and ignoring detail.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m aware I can be an utter cock

FTFY. Although you’re right fat too often IMO.

legspin
    Free Member

I’m with Gary been using the Myfitnesspal app and have lost 12lb so far, it takes less than 2 minutes everyday to log what I eat. Even if I have something new it take moments to scan the barcode in.
    I have reached my goal now. I set a new goal but loosing slightly less each week. The app just re-adjusted my calorie limit.
    I don’t see it as a diet as I’m eating all sorts of food, as I always have. Its just a reference for when im being greedy.
    Lets call it a food recalibration for the people who are scared of the diet word.

But back to the op I feel faster on the bike than ever. It’s great isn’t it?

ontor
    Free Member

@ iDave

There’s no email addy in your profile..

snakebite
    Free Member

idave, send me that plan dude!

iDave
    Free Member

dave[at]ffflow.com

SB – will sort you out a better version

pebblebeach
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog

I weigh the food then throw it away and eat something else. It works for me…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Couldn’t you give it to starving people in africa instead?

legspin
    Free Member

I might try that Jon, seems I have wasted a vital way to loose even more weight.

BadlyWiredDog

Couldn’t you give it to starving people in africa instead?

Do any of them post here?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Another update: Did a 37 mile road ride yesterday (my diet day off was saturday), had the usual omlette/chorizo/tomato breakfast and took an extra banana and some High 5 drink.
    Basically I had the best road ride I’ve ever done. Went up the hills better and just about managed to stick with 2 guys who are always way ahead of the rest of us – in fact one of them bonked 4 miles from the end and we left him behind!
    Felt fine at the end and legs feel fine today also.
    Not the longest ride in history but I’m happy 🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

my side effect is not really losing weight

strict iDave 5 days a week, relax at the weekends due to two rides Sat/ Sun

and yes I’m a biffer……….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Side effect of the iDave lifestyle’ is closed to new replies.