Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Side by side
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Couples who sit side by side in restaurants instead of face to face –

Bit odd or STFU CFH you judgemental so and so.

Discuss.

slowoldman

Obviously inviting a foursome.

CheesybeanZ

Could both be people watching .

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

STFU CFH you judgemental so and so.

Well this in general 😀 But I’ve always thought that sitting “perpendicular” is best for conversation. Maybe that couple is one of those that you see in restaurants that go through the whole meal in almost contemptuous silence, such is the simmering hatred they have for one another after a lifetime of holding one another back from a shot at real happiness. Just now, they’ve given up the pretense of actually facing one another. Plus it’s easier to Instagram and tweet your food without the distraction of facing one another.

Edukator
    Free Member

Turn the table 45° and sit at 90° facing the view and your partner’s best side.

tomhoward

Never seen that. So they are taking up a table for 4 as they don’t want to look at each other?

Wierdos

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Maybe the waitress/waiter is hot, so a view was required.

scaredypants

easier for a hand-job between courses ?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

TBF I hate sitting facing the wall/window, but I feel I should give the SO the best view so I always give her the choice, we haven’t encountered the side by side thing yet but I can see the benefits 😉

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well, over and under might put the other diners off.

You set ’em up….etc…..

zippykona

I quite often do this once we are on the coffees. Means I can lean back and stretch out while still being able to talk to Mrs Zip.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, over and under might put the other diners off.

You set ’em up….etc…..

🙂

’twas in the curry house earlier. Went to pick up a takeaway. While waiting, and enjoying a cold pint of gassy fizz, there was said couple, perched a few tables away. Assume they were husband and wife, but not a word passed their lips in the twenty minutes or so I was there. Food was shoveled in to mouths, but not a word was spoken. Not a hot waitress in sight, that’s for sure.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mrs Unzip you mean?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Side by side’ is closed to new replies.