Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SID vs Reba what would you go for?
  • JamieMc
    Free Member

time old question… ive had both of these in various flavours. like the bolt through Rebas i have on at the moment but a bit heavy for the build really. been avoiding SIDs since the lowers on my 2009 ones twisted. what are folks thoghts on the new breed of bolt through SIDs for reliability? Since the stanchions are goosed on my current Rebas im toying with the idea of going back to bolt through SIDs. or should i stick with Rebas… these are my options i think:

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-sid-rl-forks-2012.html

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-reba-rl-forks-2013.html

teasel
    Free Member

I plumbed for Reba’s because of the price when I was looking, but at that difference I’d go SIDs.

Kryton57

Hmm. The SIDS are betterer but I’ve found the dual air a pain in the arse to setup. I’m not the only one, but then there are many who are fine with them. It could be becuase I have the best fox fork ever on t’other bike skewing my opinion.

Bestest bike = Sid
    Seconds bestest = Reba

IMHO

JamieMc
    Free Member

i think if i opted for the SIDs it may slide up into the bestestest bike spot….

rickon
    Free Member

Performance wise there’s not much in it, Rebas are stiffer, SIDs are lighter. Pretty much it.

Reliability is pretty much the same, same internals, different castings for the lowers. Same PITA to set up if you’re sensitive to change in fork pressures, but you’ll have that if you go Reba or SID.

If you like jumping stuff, or hammer the front end into stuff – go for the Rebas. If you think lighter is better, then get the SIDs, but unless you’re racing…. whats the point? Go stiff 😉

You’re limited anyway, as Rebas in QR15 are sold out in Merlin.

That’s baffled you.

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SID vs Reba what would you go for?’ is closed to new replies.