Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sid vs Reba
  • jimc101
    Free Member

Looking for a 100mm fork, currently looking at the 2011 Reba RL and Sid RLT. Both are similar in price, any suggestions on which is better.

TIA

z1ppy

Neither is better, pick the one more suitable to you. SID’s the more light weight racer option, Reba’s the trail.
    What type of riding/rider are you?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

yep, what zippy said. Plus if you have only the one bike and use it all the time steer away from SID as the lighter materials used dont stand up as well to abuse.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RobHilton
    Free Member

Worth noting the SIDs aren’t the flexy-save-weight-at-cost-of-performance things they used to be.

Coming from 2005 120 Fox 32s to 2011 RLT SIDs was something of a step up for me. More robust feeling and a bit plusher.

70kg btw.

njee20
    Free Member

Plus if you have only the one bike and use it all the time steer away from SID as the lighter materials used dont stand up as well to abuse

Rubbish, depends on the type of riding, not the proportion! If you’re doing regular 5 foot drops I’d suggest neither is right. If it’s an all round trail fork the SID will be fine, the Reba slightly stiffer at the expense of a bit of a weight, as z1ppy said.

The waters are even more muddied now there are 120mm tapered SIDs with a 15mm thru-axle!

FWIW, I’d have the SID myself.

robbo
    Free Member

And there isn’t even a weight difference for the 29er versions anymore – both the SID and Reba are 1584g vs 1598g according to the websites. I reckon the SID graphics are nicer though 😉

eatonalice
    Free Member

I’ve been running 2009 SID Races, after coming from some 2006/7ish Reba Teams, both at 100mm.

Coming from the Rebas I was a little concerned before riding them, but the SIDs have been an awesome all around fork, from high alpine epics to race podiums, never been at a loss for stiffness 🙂

Having said that, I’m now selling mine as new wheels require new forks to match, would definitely replace with more of the same, assuming I can get some 15mm QR ones.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sid vs Reba’ is closed to new replies.