Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SID vs Reba
  • filks

Can anyone tell me the difference?

And, ideally, while you’re there, also let me know what the difference between the SID models is – they all seem to be the same weight….

grtdkad

Not ridden the Rebas but have owned a couple of pairs of SIDs.
    afaik the SIDs run up through the spec range: RLT, RLTi then World Cup and World Cup XX

I run the SID World Cup (2011) it’s about 1380g very nice, light, effective and understated bling! (also reduced from about a grand to c£500)….
    🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

SIDS are flexy & light. Rebas are stiffer & a bit heavier. Can I tell the difference? Yes. If you are really into your racing get the SIDS, if you just want a good 100mm fork get Rebas.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I had a pair of Sid World Cup (Blackbox tech with carbon steerer). They flexed a LOT!!! However they came with the bike I bought (Top Fuel) and I didn’t really have the funds to change the to Reba’s, but I wished I could have.
    The suggested air pressures on the fork leg only go up to a rider weight of 180lbs and I’m 200lbs. As I said, they did flex a lot, but after 4 years of year round abuse, here and abroad, (including a service once a year), they are now stuffed and it wouldn’t be worth servicing them again for the cost.
    I never noticed the flex issue while riding (I had no direct comparison), apart from when appling the front brake and looking down, when the front wheel would seemingly dissapear underneath the down-tube!! OK, so that’s an exaggeration, but it did move a LOT!
    The main reasons for wanting REBA’s was the recommended rider weight issue and the longing for a bigger front rotor. The SIDs are limited to a 160mm rotor and in the Alps I cooked the brake fluid all the time.
    If you’re fat and need a big rotor, go for the REBA’s. IF your ickle and a weight-weenie, go for the SID’s.

Janesy
    Free Member

I have the SIDS 2011 RLT, they vibrate / flex alot at the wheel but I dont really notice it compared to my old Revelations. They are also rated for a 180 disc. Tapered steerer too to keep steering acurate. Although I dont know if that makes a blind bit of difference?

Zoolander
    Free Member

I changed from reba teams to Sid xx’s and they are noticeably lighter but also stiffer, probably due though to them being bolt through where the rebas were qr. lovely forks, only downside is that they are a little more sensitive to air pressures and therefore fiddly to set up in comparison the rebas were dead easy.

grtdkad

I think the flex issues relate to earlier SIDs. I’m a 200lb rider and very happy with performance of the WCs.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

I’ve owned both SIDs and Rebas – especially the carbon World Cup versions and noticed a significant difference between the SIDs and Rebas in riding.

The SIDs do not track as well as the Rebas and do oscillate more on the buzzier trails.

However, the SIDs used to be lighter, and this was the key reason for them. However Rebas are much lighter with the WC being as light. I still have a set and very much love them.

However, having now ridden several Megas and owned my Fox 36’s for several years, I understand stiffness up front (fnarr) and going back to the Rebas is a real eye opener – you really notice the difference.

I would happily trade off weight to ensure that the front end tracks truly to where I want the bike – I notice the Rebas being pushed around easily and that loses me grip – however my other bikes Fox 32’s less so on the same trail. With a set of 36’s they run true.

I’d say that a set of QR15’s Revelations in the lightest guise would be the best overall compromise…

schmiken

I’ve got 2008 Reba WCs on my main race bike. I used to have a pair of SID WCs, but they felt more flexy and less responsive. So, for a 100g penalty (mostly won back with MT Zoom skewers 🙂 ) I went wirth the Reba WCs. Very happy with them as they’re easy to look after and stiff.

fizzer
    Free Member

I have the XX & I’m very happy with them. No flex but then i’m not a fat ****

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SID vs Reba’ is closed to new replies.