Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SID RTC3
  • jonk

Hi,
    i’m looking at a SID RTC3 for my 29’r. I was going to buy a Pike and have it reduced to 120mm but the SID seems to have the same technology as the pike albeit in a 32mm version.
    Does anyone have any options or reviews on this fork? or would a pike be better? Currently running a 32 fox CTD

jairaj

The Pike and SID do not use the same technology and are also designed for different purposes.

The SID is designed for XC and Trail where as the Pike is designed for All Mountain or Enduro riding.

The SID and Pike may appear to have the same controls and adjustment options but the Pike uses a newly designed Charger damper compared to the older Motion Control damper in the SID. The damping in the SID is still very good, but I have not tried a new Pike so I can’t compare the two.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

I’ve just started running a SID RCT3 and its awesome. Feels much better than the Fox 32 and DT XCM’s it replaced.

Northwind

Yah, what jairaj said, they are different. But TBH I’ve not noticed much difference in practice, they’re both great forks but since they do different jobs, the difference in damper performance isn’t that obvious- the Pike comes into its own when it’s working hard, whereas the Sid is a lighter duty part so you’ll not want to push it as hard in the first place.

IMO of course- this is a knobber opinion, maybe a better rider would find more shortcomings of the Sid damper but to me it’s great, and suits the design really well.

IA

Been on a 100mm RCT3 for nearly two years now.

Ace XC fork, stiff, light, works well.

BUT what bike’s it for? Comparing it with a pike is a bit apples to oranges, ones an XC race fork and the other’s an enduro fork…

jonk

Cheers for the replies i thought the SID had the charger but seems to have the MoCo DNA with rapid recovery and Dig.

Northwind

I’m not sure if Rapid Recovery is really the same tech on both forks (actually, I’m not sure if Rapid Recovery is really a thing at all or if it just means “we got the rebound damping right”)

LoCo
    Free Member

Damper systems are different, with sid having the compression and rebound damper units & oil in upper leg.
    Charger in pike is closed semi pressurized (bladder).

RCT3 are good, you may want to consider reduced travel Rev RCT3s, running these on my 29er in 110mm spec.

ska-49
    Free Member

How about a set of Revs? They seem to sit between Pikes and Sids.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SID RTC3’ is closed to new replies.