Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sid RLT – tuning?
  • Kryton57

Does anyone know if / had thier current dual air Sids tuned to be small bump sensitive / plush? I’m wondering if it’s worth £100 approx rather than buying a new fork.

Kryton57

Bump…?

amedias
    Free Member

Was that a big bump or a small one? looks like it wasn’t big enough for the forum to react…

Can’t help you much with your original question, I’ve got a couple of pairs of Dual-Air RLTs, they’re both pretty crap at small bumps, but that’s partly cos of how I’ve set them up, nice big volume lightweight tyre at the front does the comfort and traction for me, the fork is mostly there for poor line choice compensation and to take the edge of big hits while racing.

Are yours older Dual or Solo air model?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

Dual air. I find them fine for nice trails and compressions but a pain in the wrists for “dry horses hoof prints” type chatter. I’ve been around the setup / neg air mill a gazillion times to no real avail.

It’s seems to be common and as you say it’s a race fork so I’m happy to admit I bought the wrong one. I’m just wondering if sending it to tftuned/loco/jtech would help or whether it won’t and I just need to suck it up and get rid.

amedias
    Free Member

Have you tried chatting to the tuners about what you’re after, they’re probably in the best position to adivse if what you want is achiveable

localhero94
    Free Member

My SIDS felt better after I’d changed seals and given them a lower leg service, but I still couldn’t get them to feel how I wanted either (solo air version) so they’ll be up for sale soon. I think that’s more to do with the intended use of the fork as a race fork rather than any problem with them – they just didn’t suit the riding I do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sid RLT – tuning?’ is closed to new replies.