Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SID RCT3 lockout not clicking home?
  • nickdavies

Anyone got a set of RCT3 SID’s? just had a pair turn up for a new build and noticed the RCT3 damper won’t click into the locked position. It seems the stub is fouling on the crown before clicking into place.

This happen to anybody else’s?

Superficial
    Free Member

You should be able to take the top cap off, and rotate it 30º or so, then put it back on. You shouldn’t have to do this of course.

nickdavies

That was my first thought, but I could see a ball bearing and spring shooting across the carpet like the last time I thought i’d clean a pro pedal shock lever!

Superficial
    Free Member

Nah, no springs or ball bearings in site, assuming you have a similar damper to my RCT3 Revs. The service manual says the job is identical. 5 minute fix:

https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen.0000000004217_rev_a_2013_sid_service_manual.pdf

nickdavies

Top bolt refuses to budge! it pushes past the first click and feels like i’m going to break something, i can’t get enough grip to hold the adjuster in my fingers either. The top cap on the Pike comes off easy as pie.

Colour me unimpressed!

nickdavies

Sorted it thanks for the pointers – in the end mole grips were (carefully) used!
    They’d used red loctite on the compression bolt – why you’d use red loctite on a 2mm grub bolt that’s supposed to be removed is beyond me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SID RCT3 lockout not clicking home?’ is closed to new replies.