Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Sicknotetrackworld.
  • ton

anyone else? god i am bored.

RealMan
    Free Member

Nearly 3 weeks now. Went for a christmas ride with a local club yesterday, felt pretty awful. Went to the gym after, felt worse. Steam room after helped I think though.

binners

I’ve got bloody man-flu. Its all getting a bit….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mf_oX69FYs[/video]

😥

GrahamS

Had norovirus the other week. Wasn’t a lot of fun. Had to stay within sprinting distance of the bog.

Suspect it is just possible I may have caught it after my two year old threw up in my face…

GrahamS

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ[/video]

patriotpro
    Free Member

I was last week, caught up on ‘walking dead’…

now up to Episode 7 – eff me it’s good

user-removed
    Free Member

Us self employed types don’t get sick 8)

Well, we do but we just wait for our holidays 🙁

Speedy recovery all.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ton,have you ever thought your bodies trying to tell you something.Keep warm.Neil

spawnofyorkshire

I may have caught it after my two year old threw up in my face…

my self-inflicted alcohol induced sickness didn’t need to read that 😥

ourmaninthenorth

Spent last week full of a cold. Never has so much gunk exited my head. Bleurgh.

Northwind

Quite a long time now. Wanting to get back, can’t. Surprising how I miss it.

ton

Ton,have you ever thought your bodies trying to tell you something.Keep warm.Neil

what, that i am ready for putting down like a knackered old horse…… 😆

Solo
    Free Member

Us self employed types don’t get sick

Well, we do but we just wait for our holidays

Speedy recovery all.

You had me convinced until you mentioned holidays.

The Real self employed, sick or no, still go to work.
    No holiday here for nearly two years.

ourmaninthenorth

BTW. In spite of feeling terrible briefly and then generally sounding awful but feeling fine, I continued to come into work (having so much to do).

I bet my colleagues have continued to thank me for that.

soobalias
    Free Member

i was sick at the end of last week
    proper sick, dizzy, asleep, dying so not on here
    today im back in the office, so plenty of time to prat about on the internets.

get well soon ya bunch of malingerers

crazybaboon

60 weeks tomorrow, probably 12 weeks more then back on light duties!
    All unpaid apart from the first six weeks 😥

slowmart
    Free Member

5 weeks in and feeling much better with plans to go back in the New Year.

So much better that I collect my new road bike tomorrow and will christen her on a nice 15 mile ride home from the shop. 😀

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Its a minor set-back compared with the dodgy ticker thing , so just grit yer teeth and have a chilled christmas and give us a shout when you want to get out in the new year , Mart.

user-removed
    Free Member

Solo – you’re doing it wrong!

Solo
    Free Member

Solo – you’re doing it wrong!

You are soooo right. Couldn’t agree more, rat race innit 🙁

I_Ache
    Free Member

RealMan – Member
    Nearly 3 weeks now. Went for a christmas ride with a local club yesterday, felt pretty awful. Went to the gym after, felt worse. Steam room after helped I think though.

So your too sick to go to work/school but you are well enough to go for a ride and to the gym? If you were my employee and you did that you wouldn’t be employed by me for very long.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Us self employed types don’t get sick

Nor do us hourly paid lot.
    5 days off sick in 12 years, me, and one of those was to look after t’missis because she passed out and smacked her head and it wasn’t safe for her to be alone. Then I caught the thing that made her pass out and had 2 days off.

Bloody work shy malingerers.

molgrips
    Free Member

Was properly ill for about three weeks. Can’t remember ever being like that before. Still not quite right, terribly tired today.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve worked through this illness… probably shouldn’t have but I have got deadlines to meet, and go to Scotland for 2 weeks on Thursday. I really hope I don’t have to drive 400 miles feeling like crap, in fact I probably won’t if i still feel like this.

TimothyD
    Free Member

10 weeks for me, now much better though.

Ha haa, chuffed, get well soon folks.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Had a virus, and then a flu jab while my immune system was still ropey, i’m diabetic so flu jabs are advised, which is why it took ten weeks to get fully better again.

willard

I’m feeling a bit under the weather (creaky, tired, bit rough) but I think a nice run wil perk me up a bit. If it doesn’t I might give it another go each night this week just in case the first one was a fluke or something.

Few things in life can’t be fixed with a nice run. Apart for WCA’s ankle.

Northwind

I_Ache – Member

So your too sick to go to work/school but you are well enough to go for a ride and to the gym? If you were my employee and you did that you wouldn’t be employed by me for very long.

Yes, because everything that can make you be off work makes it impossible to ride a bike. FFS.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Tendonitis or Bursitis of the rotator cuff of my right shoulder has put pay to any winter riding for me. Dr’s suspected a dislocation so had it X-Rayed this morning and all clear there. Just waitin for a sonographer appointment to confirm that it is what it is but the problem could last a few months 🙁

**** painful. Can’t sleep and drinking is going to be fun this Christmas with the pain killers I’m on. Still, it might give me time to put my single speed winter project into action.

Every cloud. 🙂

ton

Few things in life can’t be fixed with a nice run. Apart for WCA’s ankle.

got a nice dose of pnuemonia…….i dont reckon a good run could fix that 😀

tonyd

I felt proper rubbish last week, left work early and went home to bed. Mercifully the missus and kids were out so I got some peace and quiet. Following morning I felt equally rubbish so decided to stay in bed – first day off sick since I can remember. Kids came in and started using me as a trampoline, I was at my desk an hour later 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I started being ill whilst away for work, so I had nowhere to go but to work – staying in a hotel bed all day is grim. I wasn’t ill enough not to be able to work, but I had some head-on-desk time on a couple of afternoons, and one day I didn’t get in until lunchtime.

Garry_Lager

Caught a vomiting bug from the bairns yesterday. Total evacuation at both ends, laying on the bathroom floor like a poorly humpback. They pass quickly though these ge bugs, like I went for a ride yesterday morning and was fine, then vomitageddon last night,and am now thinking of steadying the ship with a sausage roll and a pint 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

5 days official sick leave with the ankle this time while I was in hospital. 5 days arguing with HR about returning to work and getting my doctor to change the wording on the sick note. Rest of the time working. Not self employed and not paid hourly, must be doing something wrong.

Hope you feel better soon Ton, being bored is awful.

RealMan
    Free Member

🙄

Being off work ill is pretty reasonable – but missing training? Unacceptable. MTFU.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve got manthrax. It’s even worse than cat-AIDS.

LMT
    Free Member

Signed off for 2 weeks, suspected fracture to the ribs, but better case just bruising. MTFU and still at work, its christmas i would get a beating for being off sick working in retail and all that. On a positive note, first ride back on the bike this morning felt good even if it is a road bike.

Clover

Yep, working in retail. For myself. Therefore at work and spreading the plague or whatever it is to the discerning consumers of Hebden Bridge. Sorry. 😳

Forge_Master
    Free Member

I’ve just returned to work after ten days off on the sick after I split my scrotum open during a commute home.

12 stitches, one (morphine fuelled) night in hospital, ten days at home and now I’m back on my bike and back to work.

Tinners

There’s “a wee cough”, a “bit of a rattly chest”, “a slight sore throat”, a “hurty finger” and then there’s…..

…..after I split my scrotum open during a commute home.

Respect.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Sicknotetrackworld.’ is closed to new replies.