Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sick to death of Flickr
  • I can put up with the continual changes

I can put up with persistently being asked to log in with Yahoo

I can put up with photos looking different when I put them on forums

I can’t however put up with not actually being able to properly view my photos and then share them – I’ve just been getting a low res image all night, with no sharing options

What’s the best alternative?

scotroutes

I could say it’s all working OK for me but that wouldn’t be of much comfort.

Sorry.

everyone
    Free Member

Imgur is great for sharing pictures quickly.

oldnpastit

Like this?

I grabbed the “HTML link” and then cut out everything apart from the bit inside the “img” tag. I’ve no idea if that’s the right thing to do though.

scotroutes

I just copy the whole BBCode thing.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/pojMBq]DSC_0219[/url] by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

I know how to share photos from Flickr – just every now and then it throws a hissy fit and won’t display anything properly, or let me get any codes/links

P20

I’m still happy with it. The log in can be a pain, but it just works for me

myti
    Free Member

I had it worked out for sharing pics here occasionally but tried to recently and it wanted a Yahoo Id I didn’tknow I had and then the way I used to share the pic to here seems to not work anymore. So how do you do it now? Might just switch to imgur if it’s easier though!

hot_fiat

Yep I got fed up of being unable to hard link to anything other than a thumbnail. Photobucket is far easier to use now.

stumpy01

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    I know how to share photos from Flickr – just every now and then it throws a hissy fit and won’t display anything properly, or let me get any codes/links

I’ve had this recently with Flickr. Quite often a refresh on the page then brings up the share options. God knows why.

I tend to use Photobucket for sticking photos online that I want to share. It’s much easier to use.

fasthaggis

It all works for me.
    No idea what I am doing wrong,but I am more worried about my Flickr stalkers 😯

footflaps

Yep I got fed up of being unable to hard link to anything other than a thumbnail. Photobucket is far easier to use now.

Just change the size in the pull down menu next to the BB code…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pupoGh]Untitled[/url] by brf, on Flickr

cheers_drive

The biggest issue for me is the inability to get links from the app or browser when on a mobile.

nickjb
    Free Member

Stopped using it a while back. What frustrated me was there were different options or lots missing when using the app, or using different browsers, or viewing the mobile site. Imgur for me, for sharing now.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had been happily using picassa but google are buggering that up now with all the annoying google+ integration.

Quite a good article on how yahoo killed flickr over at gizmodo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sick to death of Flickr’ is closed to new replies.