Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • matt_outandabout

Amazing the difference a week here makes, even though it was 2″ snow on the road out the village on Thursday morning…

Last week:

IMGP0677 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

This week:

Biking near Killin by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

piemonster

It was shorts and t shirts weather a little further east.

Very nearly double figures.

Of course, the midge will be along soon enough

matt_outandabout

meh, they were out on the slow, hot climb back up…

matt_outandabout

I woke up to a white tent this morning – chuffing chilly and windy 🙁
    Still, last sledge of the year at the top 8)

matt_outandabout

Well, summers over. I wonder when the first snow will fall..?
    😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

on a hill, probably. my guess is just maybe, “Canada”

headfirst
    Free Member

Nothing here yet.

taka
    Free Member

cant wait 😀

mogrim

Peru, apparently.

Forecast here is showing the possibility of snow over 2300m next Saturday, which is the peak of the highest local mountains.

kimbers

workmate has just left on a 4 week backpacking adventure round peru and bolivia, she was nervous enough as it was!

mogrim

workmate has just left on a 4 week backpacking adventure round peru and bolivia, she was nervous enough as it was!

Oops! Hope she packed some warm clothing!

sweepy
    Free Member

There’s still a bit on the Gorm, and some forecast for the weekend, best get the board waxed 🙂

I suppose now is the time to get my ice spikers for winter

Kahurangi

Spent all weekend skiing here 🙂

(Canterbury)

Northwind

There was a slightly chilly wind today in peebles. I put a fleece on. But then had to take it off when I started riding. So I might put the snowproxes on later.

Haze

A bit nippy first thing this morning, can’t be long now…

CountZero

Last couple of days I’ve been putting a wool Pendleton shirt on over my teeshirt, so it’s definitely getting nippy!
    Really getting nippy in the Southern Hemisphere, mind:

The Peruvian government has extended to nine more regions a state of emergency called to cope with unusually cold weather and heavy snowfall.

At least two people have died and 33,000 others have been affected by the cold spell, local officials say.

Tens of thousands of animals have frozen to death over the past week.

President Ollanta Humala has travelled to Apurimac, one of the worst-hit areas, to oversee the distribution of emergency aid.

The state of emergency would be in place for 20 days, an official statement said.

The heaviest snow fall to hit Peru in a decade has killed tens of thousands of llamas, alpacas, cattle and sheep, and left farmers destitute.

A man died when the roof of his hut caved in under the weight of the snow in southern Carabaya province but the circumstances of the second death were unclear.

Three people were rescued on Saturday from the same region after their home was cut off by snow.

Rescue workers said the three, two girls and an elderly woman, were suffering from frostbite and snow blindness.

The cold front has also hit Peru’s south-eastern neighbour, Bolivia, and Paraguay, where a combined total of five people have died.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23916217

wrightyson
    Free Member

Back last night from that Cornwall place, deepest Derbyshire feels somewhat nippy!

maccruiskeen

I’ve been putting a wool Pendleton shirt on over my teeshirt,

I dread it getting properly cold in case it means you slipping a pendleton jacket over your pendleton shirt

Mantastic
    Free Member

Skins under layer for me yesterday, first time since before Easter. Weather is certainly on the turn. We may get some warm days but the nights will be a tad nippy

piemonster

Jesus bloody wept

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cold this morning, no snow tho. 😉

CountZero

@maccruiskeen 😆
    Those are ghastly! My shirt’s a western style in a blue-green check, very understated.
    Just had another look at those jackets, I’m just going to find the bottle of eye bleach…

matt_outandabout

for piemonster

bearnecessities

SNOW!!!!! ****ing YES!!

(not settling, flickering between sleet & snow and I don’t think there will be any transport cancellations)

…but, SNOW!!

(BD11)

john_drummer
    Free Member

Drig? wow. peeing it down here (BD17)

bearnecessities

Yup Drig; inferior BD postcode, but we’ve got the white stuff (just) 😉

blackburied
    Free Member

Bd23. Pissing it down!

thejesmonddingo

bearnecessities,you sure it’s not dandruff?

bearnecessities

bearnecessities,you sure it’s not dandruff?

God dandruff? How very dare you. We all know The Lord uses H&S.

Plus, it’s turned into pissy rain now.

Still, my snow shovel and grit is now on standby to clear driveways of elderly neighbours; only productive thing I do all year!

john_drummer
    Free Member

I wonder what it’s like up in Queensbury. would normally be band practice tonight but we switched to Monday this week

Houns

Sleet in Brierley Bonk earlier

cloudnine
    Free Member

Snowmageddon will arrive on thursday!!!
    Get the bread and milk cleared off the shelves now before theres none left.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Snowmageddon will arrive on thursday!!!

will arrive where exactly? Is this another waily excess prediction?

cloudnine
    Free Member

where exactly?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_temp.html

UK Outlook for Thursday 5 Dec 2013 to Saturday 14 Dec 2013:

A band of rain will spread southwards during Thursday, giving snow over high ground in Scotland and northern England. Clearer, colder and windy conditions will follow from the northwest with showers, these falling as snow from northern England northwards. Showers may turn wintry in the south later on Thursday and during Friday but the south and southwest should see the driest weather. Temperatures are likely to be below normal and feel colder still in the wind. Little change is expected during the weekend, with unsettled and cold weather continuing, and snow for northern Britain in particular. Thereafter, milder conditions are likely to spread from the west across much of the UK, with some more settled weather over the south.

Updated: 1155 on Sat 30 Nov 2013

Basically its going to get colder later in the week with some snow for scotland and N England. I think the strong N wind will be making it feel much colder. Get yer Merino pants and vests washed 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

so that’s > 5 days away? check again on Wednesday

cloudnine
    Free Member

I prefer to spread fear about the impending ice age of the desperate Northern parts of the country

piemonster

Get yer Merino pants and vests washed

What’s the point of merino if you go and wash them.

NZCol

Oh dear, I might have to pack a jacket then as in london from Sunday. Brrrrrrr. 23 here today.

benji
    Free Member

Frosty here this morning, cracked open the milk and sugar and put some in my mug of tea.

matt_outandabout

during Thursday, giving snow over high ground in Scotland

Didn’t I just choose the afternoon I need to get over the Rest and be thankful to Inveraray?

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.