Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Absolutely loved the commute in this morning!! It’s so rare that you get to do this sort of thing in London 🙂

RustySpanner

Now that is a lovely bicycle.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Red weather warning issued by the Met Office for this afternoon….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-43202018

mahalo

need to get back to the north west from Surrey tomorrow. deliberating whether to piss off today instead… bound to meet some disruption at some point all that way…?

matt_outandabout

Red weather warning issued by the Met Office for this afternoon….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-43202018

We have just been told to b*gg*r off home asap due to this – looks like the whole business park and Stirling Uni is shutting.

Between blue skies it is a tad breezy and snowy.

The ride home will be fun – wind at my back!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Our management’s response has been a disinterested shrug.

Despite being slap bang in the middle of the red area.

shermer75
    Free Member

Our management’s response has beeen a disinterested shrug.

Despite being slap bang in the middle of the red area.

Balls!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

RustySpanner

Balls would be somewhere between the pink and brown areas, Shirley?

RustySpanner

Proper cold up here and very windy.

Lots of layers on but still chilled trying to wade through the park.

Tea and the radio sounds good.

I’ll drift off to the Archers, nothing exciting ever happens in Ambridge.

nedrapier

And hour or two of snow in London earlier.  Now swapped for a new onslaught of SUNNYBLUESKIESANDFLUFFYCLOUDSMAGGEDON!!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Yikes, I’m smack in the eye of the storm.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m not sure if this video link will work

https://www.facebook.com/peter.mclaren.752/videos/10216005510155762/

midlifecrashes

Sat here deiberating whether to go to a show in Nottingham tonight, from Doncaster. A1 & M1 have both been closed in the last hour, but might clear up. Would be a shame to waste the tickets, but worse to end up stuck on the motorway.

matt_outandabout

I’m using the international measure for snow conditions. Ride home scores a 5.9 on the “Narnia scale”

richmtb

This was Glasgow Airport this morning.

Needless to say nothing went anywhere and after hanging around the airport for 3 hours my Heathrow flight was cancelled and I went home

Not sure what I was thinking heading to the airport in the first place…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I seem to be living in a micro climate all of my own..

Facing the sea, to my left down the coast is Brighton and that has had snow, to my right Weymouth and Devon/Cornwall again have had snow. Even if I stand on tip toes looking at the IoW all I see is normal brown land, even the Hill near Newport looks decidedly green.

To balance this up the wife is in deepest Harrogate’shire and has had 5” to worry about, and the BiL has been driving the tractor up and down the road with the bucket on clearing the drifts..

Me, well the heating is on melting the skirting boards, the sun is out, there are some puffy clouds but my it’s bitterly cold wind..

jeffl

Had this on the way in, looking forward to cycling home although it is a bit nippy and windy around Sheffield.

NZCol

SW Edinburgh. Bit of snow last night, i got home about 11:45pm and it was proper nasty. A few flurries this AM then WHAM big dumpola between 1 and 2.

molgrips
    Free Member

Kids school cancelled tomorrow, anxious couple of hours waiting to find out if my wife’s work is also cancelled so I can get out riding in the snow.  And it is!  Yes!!

Drac

Boulmer reporting 21cm of snowfall today at around 2.30pm

shermer75
    Free Member

I hope all you Edinburgh and Glasgow area peeps make it home from work ok! I’ve never seen a red warning on the Met Office before. Erg…

shermer75
    Free Member

Is it as bad as it sounds?

piemonster

I’ve not made it home, but I’ve blagged my way into a B&B that doesn’t accept pets with a dog.

Any bets on what time I get home tomorrow.

piemonster

Conveniently there’s a Papa Johns just over the road. If I can find a beer it’ll be a good night out!

martinhutch

#prayforpiemonster

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

@bikebouy

“the wife is in deepest Harrogate’shire and has had 5” to worry about,”

DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

piemonster

#payforpiemonsterspizza

piemonster

I think there might be a beer fail. The first shop is closed and the other option, according to google review;

Stinks eh b.o the man stinks the shop out!!

shermer75
    Free Member

I think there might be a beer fail. The first shop is closed and the other option, according to google review;

Stinks eh b.o the man stinks the shop out!!

I’d still be going! lol

perchypanther
    Free Member

I hope all you Edinburgh and Glasgow area peeps make it home from work ok! I’ve never seen a red warning on the Met Office before. Erg…

I made an executive decision and left work just before two and was home by three.

Others who stayed are still not home.

Currently have 7 or eight inches on the flat and drifts a couple of feet deep in the garden.

It’s still stoating down.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well then, I see all the MrMagoo types have cleared the shelves of bread and milk from my local Waitrose 🤦‍♀️🧚‍♀️

kennyp
    Free Member

Horrendous conditions up here in Edinburgh. We’ve had literally the heaviest snow fall since last year, panic buying has seen Waitrose shelves stripped bare of organic hummus, the only activity on the streets is cross country skiers desperately trying to get on the news and houses are getting slightly dusty because the cleaners can’t afford 4x4s. On the plus side though the council have called in SAS trained cello teachers to ensure Charlottes and Olivers don’t fall behind.

shermer75
    Free Member

I made an executive decision and left work just before two and was home by three.

Others who stayed are still not home.

That’s why you get paid the big bucks! lol

bearnecessities

I feel we’re not discussing the real issue here.

I’ve just been out in the back garden that’s awash with snow. Gloves on and welcoming fire inside for when I’d finished my childish endeavours to build a massive gender neutral snowbeing. Could I make a one? Could I chuff – just trying to roll a small starter snowball was like trying to heard tiny polystyrene balls. What is this stuff? There’s not bloody moisture in it!

*puts carrot away* 🙁

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The main coastal road, which is pretty much at sea level, between Kirkcaldy and Kinghorn was closed. A few foolhardy drivers thought the the Jaw Banes and Kissing Trees singletrack roads were a viable alternative. The Kissing Trees road has three 12% climbs on it. When I drove along it before noon the drifts were Land Rover bumper deep. Those that failed got stuck and abandoned their cars. Those still mobile thought they’d try their luck along our hill. SIx to seven hundred feet above sea level the winds and snow had drifted the snow to Land Rover headlamp deep. Some made it to the end of our drive and struggled to turn through two foot drifts.

The windchill is supposed to be -10C and it’s blowing a gale with more snow expected through the night.

We had a couple of bad winters here in the late 70’s. One when I walked home in my school uniform through three miles of waist deep drifts. This may be potentially worse.

bearnecessities

Red status in W.Yorks

Dog needs to poop, owner unimpressed.

Fence sets itself alight to keep warm.

shermer75
    Free Member

Haha!

bikebouy
    Free Member

And the Solent awakes to a light dusting and pale grey.

Im calling it a human disaster zone, so I’m off to Waitrose to clear the shelves of olives and humus.

Harrogate in the last dump of snow..

piemonster

I’m adjusting my expectations to will I get home this week.

How long do I need to work through the entire Papa Johns menu?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.