Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

A dusting isn’t snow.

Yeah, have you tasted it? Might be icing sugar.

benp1

It looked like a mini blizzard for a short while here in North London. I’m WFH today so was going to take an early lunch and head out on the bike. Stopped snowing and it’s barely settled anywhere

#disappointed

bikebouy
    Free Member

Windy here, what was a very very fine smattering of snow lasted about 14mins once the sun came out. It’s 8C and beautiful sunshine again.. SarfCarst.

Drac

Yeah, have you tasted it? Might be icing sugar.

No, I sniffed up a roller £50 note. It gave me a headache.

scandal42
    Free Member

Decent covering in the micro climate of NW Leicestershire today, couple of stuck cars but battled my way to lower ground and was welcomed into work like the hero that I am.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Drac

Me too on page 25 bikebouy. 😀

Northwind

I can’t decide if I just like looking at snow because it’s novel and rare, or if it genuinely is lovely and interesting. But either way, I’ve spent a lot of today doing it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hoping for a snowy ride – turned into a wet, muddy and tiring afternoon instead

Not much left in SE

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh, same Facebook friends then 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We had a dusting in Fife. Some were more ecstatic than others to see its arrival

prawny

I love the look of deep snow, been a while since I’ve been able to have a good look at some though. It’s ace when it smooths over all the square edges in the garden and no one walked in it yet.

scandal42
    Free Member

Should be nice for a ride tomorrow morning, cold, crisp and frozen.

scotroutes

More snow overnight here – another 6-8 cm I guess. Temps due to start climbing though. Could be as high as 4C tomorrow

RustySpanner

Just started in beautiful downtown Rochdale.

Place is looking better already.

molgrips
    Free Member

We’re missing out for a third year in a row *sigh*.

rusty90
    Free Member

Typical. Mrs Rusty has decreed a 700 mile round trip from Carmarthen to Leeds and back this weekend to see the latest grandchild, timed to hit the M62 at rush hour.
    Snow tyres – check
    Warm clothing – check
    Suicide pill – check

scotroutes

Slopes have opened here. Might take a wee ride up tonight.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Typical. Mrs Rusty has decreed a 700 mile round trip from Carmarthen to Leeds and back this weekend to see the latest grandchild, timed to hit the M62 at rush hour

Hand her the keys and tell her to enjoy her trip 😛

Jamie
    Free Member

Flurries, but nothing settling in East Anglia.

NZCol

Flurries in Edinburgh, cold though.

Northwind

Looking quite nice here (edge of edinburgh). Not enough to matter but enough to make the gardens look pretty.

Possibly enough to **** up tomorrow’s trailbuilding session, and then it’s forecast to rain in the afternoon, weather you’re a dick.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Reckon there’ll be anywhere good for a family sledge over east tomorrow?

scotroutes

Some more fell overnight so it was a good incentive to head up the hill (and down again). My first decent snow ride of the winter!!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QKBGPs]Allt Mor[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

Comrie Croft had snow falling when we arrived, but a mere smattering of slushy ice up top. Disappointed.

honeybadgerx

Well, it took me 2 hours to get to work this morning due to someone not realising that if you pull straight out in front of a bus on snowy roads, it probably can’t break in time to not hit you. On the way home now and will be interesting to see how much is left on the pentlands. More due tonight apparently.

zippykona

Pictures would be nice.

NZCol

Looking out of window in Colinton not a lot left on Pentlands, Allermuir mainly clear with a few bits and bobs.

shermer75
    Free Member

Well, it took me 2 hours to get to work this morning due to someone not realising that if you pull straight out in front of a bus on snowy roads, it probably can’t break in time to not hit you.

I hope everyone was ok!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I was driven indoors from my Dog Hoose repairs and came back out to this…

matt_outandabout

Last few patches on the mountains this spring. It’s been a poor winter.

darrell
    Free Member

snow forecast for Easter weekend here

smeg – am a bit sick of the winter

matt_outandabout

snow forecast for Easter weekend here

Where are you?

Northwind

Looks like one of my winter tyres has a slow puncture so the normal tyres are going on this weekend… Inevitable blizzard incoming

scotroutes

Can’t see the hills yet.

prawny

A fair covering of snow in Cannock this morning. Probably as much as we’ve had all winter. Sun is warm though (air isn’t!) so it won’t last long.

matt_outandabout

Get the ski’s out scotroutes….

sweepy
    Free Member

Still falling, I think this is the most snow so far this year. I’m thinking of putting the xc skis in the car but won’t be able to try till about ten tonight and I suspect it will be gone by then.

docrobster
    Free Member

Light dusting of snow on sw Sheffield and the peak last night. Blossom on the trees and fresh cut grass to make a weird scene…

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.