Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • legend
    Free Member

Good to see so many Glasgow drivers being massively full of fail this morning; Clio driver discovering lift-off oversteer for the first time, C3 with portholes in the snow, a lady in an S2000 looking like she was about to give up, 5-series with rear lights and number plate completely covered, car on it’s side on the M8, and so on.

peterfile
    Free Member

Aye it was carnage! Although not as bad as I thought it would be (fortunately).

Still amazes me how breathtakingly stupid some people are. Someone sat behind me on the M8 this morning, about 3ft off my bumper, with a letterbox scraped into the snow on their windscreen so that they could see. Every time I lifted off and slowed right down to try and give them the hint to get off my arse, they just ended up even closer!

zippykona

WE WANT PICTURES.

legend
    Free Member

Taking pictures whilst driving is also frowned upon

chainslapp
    Free Member

Taking pictures whilst driving is also frowned upon

Especially when you only have a letter box sized view from your windscreen…. 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Win Hill is somewhere out there in the mist.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

couple of inches in County Antrim

debaser

Anybody in the Tweed Valley

The useful Caddon Bank webcam is now stuck behind a minutes worth of advertising and you can’t link to the image anymore 🙁

That’s 9am this morning for you anyway, looks lovely. The live link is here, if slightly less useful than it was.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nice and white in Lochaber, as it was last night. Went up to a big car park to practice handbrake turns, but the local Fast & Furious crowd had beaten me there. Didn’t want to set a bad example, so I told them in a fatherly manner not kill themselves, then went somewhere else to do mine.

shuhockey
    Free Member

Snow snow snowing in Sheffield. Volunteered to drive the wife to work today so I could test the winter tires out. Defo worth it just for the pleasure of driving past BMW drivers and been able to go up the quiet back roads….

peterfile
    Free Member

Volunteered to drive the wife to work today so I could test the winter tires out.

Was it expensive importing them from the US?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

600 feet up in Fife, time to get the stove fired up.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

North Lincs

geoffj

Beautiful blue sky in Perthshire. I briefly considered a trip up to Cairngorm to try out my new planks and then read the report

Caution. Windchill is around -28.0C at the top.

😯

Might need a double ration in the hip flask.

binners

O! M! G!!!! SNOWMAGEDDON!!!!

All the roads out of home are presently closed, blocked with stuck trucks and buses! We’ve only had about half an inch!

Oh well…..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co_DNpTMKXk[/video]

😀

crazy-legs

All the roads out of home are presently closed, blocked with stuck trucks and buses! We’ve only had about half an inch!

The main roads through my little town are stuck solid. Have been since 7am, trucks, buses all there with their engines off while people sledge and ski around them. 🙂
    Fortunately, I live well off the main drag so my road is blissfully quiet and mostly impassable, nothing will be coming down here for a while!

It’s snowing heavily now; there was maybe 1.5″ of quite wet snow this morning but it’s properly snowing now. Looks lovely.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qWofYo]Untitled[/url] by BlindMelon3, on Flickr][/url]

andy8442
    Free Member

Snowing in north Leeds. Can’t see Baildon Moor!

ElShalimo

Lots up here above Halifax, local schools closed
    Credit where credit is due the gritters and ploughs were out yesterday afternoon and the ploughs several times last night. They set the neighbours car alarm off with all the snow spray!
    Snowing again now though, expected to freeze tonight
    🙁

jeffl

Sheffield centre wasn’t to bad this morning, up at meadowhead and around the higher ground was a couple of inches. Took the side roads with winter tyres for the win. Best bit of driving was a guy stopped in the middle lane on Park Square roundabout clearing the snow from his windscreen that had just slipped down from his roof ha ha.

hora
    Free Member

Whats it like down in London?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Have we done the “Swinging lampposts” on the M62, not strictly snow I suppose

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptYrbQGk6DQ[/video]

Bimbler
    Free Member

Chilly and sunny, actually quite nice, no sign of snow.

geoffj

Just been for a five mile run with beautiful blue skies and a crisp dusting underfoot. Lovely day out there.

MoreCashThanDash

White flavoured dampness in the air here in central Nottingham. Not quite enough to claim it as snow yet.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Started in Chester at 11:30

Sandwich

Caution. Windchill is around -28.0C at the top.

Heatwave!!! A cheese sandwich will freeze in the time it takes you to eat it in those temperatures.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Near Hexham, last night:

cinnamon_girl

Some sleet in Dorset earlier.

Meanwhile, now back in Hampshire where early afternoon resembles evening due to dark sky and incessant rain.

rocketman
    Free Member

Nowt here in the febrile hell pit known as the Midlands

Some ineffectual wet stuff earlier on which instantly melted on contact with the ground followed by that weird polystyrene ball stuff like visible drizzle

tlr

Fair bit now in Sheffield.

martinhutch

Anyone been over Blubberhouses on the A59? Pondering whether to send the missus on the train to Harrogate tomorrow…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Snowing in Reading :-), quite heavily for a bit arround 3:30

Melted in an hour though.

40mpg

I’ve just had my teleconference with head office cancelled as they are all going home because of the snow – Oxted in Surrey, near Gatwick!

More worrying is I’m flying out of Gatwick Saturday morning. Hope it doesnt come to much!

Bunnyhop

At lunchtime here it was grid lock. Abandoned cars on most of the hills. Children sent home from school. Children playing, sledging building snowpeople 🙂

It’s put down just over 5″

Seen some really bad driving today while walking into the village centre. Impatient people who think they own the road. No you can’t just go up onto the pavement with pedestrians.
    No thanks to the stupid council worker who was waving traffic through on a red light, when I was on a crossing with green man flashing. Nearly got mowed down by this woman, atm I’m not too fast on my feet and walk with a stick 🙁

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Snowy and very wind chilled Baildon Moor with Jnr FD

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Was it expensive importing them from the US?

For the second time today – “Woosh”

hora
    Free Member

Bunnyhop and when they do crash it’ll be the weathers fault, the cars traction control fault, should have bought a big 4×4… Anything but their **** brain.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Far, far west of Ireland. Only ever seems to threaten it; never stays long on low ground.

matt_outandabout

Not really that much here – and stunning day of sunshine, snow showers and proper ‘crunchy’ snow.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.