• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by poah.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sick of Strava-ists and wannabe racers in the park
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Aaaargh

My local park is a popular shortcut to some great riding
    There are bridleways at each end and most people who ride it do so carefully

Up until 2y or so that is when fairly often you get some **** tearing up or down at 50kph with their head down oblivious to kids on scooters, mothers with prams, kittens, lambs and members of the public minding their own business

Im completely OK using it as a racetrack myself at 7AM on a Sunday but am increasingly hacked off by having to dodge people on a mission when Im out with the kids and dog when its busy

Its marked as a segment on everybody’s favourite racing website LOL and features in several other joined up downhill ones with the bridleways at each end

Ive asked Strava to take it down but 2 weeks down the line have had no response and every time I mark it “hazardous” it reappears under a different name

Sorry for the frustration but a small number of us are giving the rest of us a bad name – Im starting to see where the razor wire across bridleway psychos are coming from*

Thanks for listening 🙂

* dont worry – not about to happen

nick1962
    Free Member

Where is this I fancy a crack at it?

taxi25
    Free Member

Sounds a bit like the taff trail near me. But people have been ridding like kn@bs since way before strava, the increase probably reflects the increase in cycling.

AlasdairMc

just get the KOM yourself, you know you want to…

andyl
    Free Member

Bit like the road down through Ashton Court. Not been there for a year now, wonder if they have had to put in bike calming measures due to people unable to ride sensibly.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Lambs? !

Anyway, parents should get their kids learning to ride bikes. Scooters are terrible for the future. bmx parks are only full of kids on stupid scooters now. Where are the future bike skills coming from? Scooters were for little girls in my day. 😛

chip
    Free Member

I despair of the kids of today on their puny scooters.
    We used to have scootechs when we were kids, a far superior machine.
    [video]http://youtu.be/rp04l_P4UK0[/video]

binners

Why can’t people just take the quiet satisfaction of not quite being last?

241 out of 260 and I’m happy

molgrips
    Free Member

Christ, Binners, you’re not last? How the hell did that happen?

I’m guessing the 19 people you beat were a couple of families stopping for picnics and the rest involved the air ambulance.

lightman
    Free Member

Just keep flagging it, they’ll soon get tired of re-doing it every time.
    I kept flagging segments on very busy shared cycle paths where the ave. speeds were between 25mph and 37mph! No wonder some pedestrians hate cyclists.
    After about the 3rd or 4th time, they stopped putting them back.

I really don’t know what is wrong with some people, that they need to make segments in very busy/unsuitable places.

scaredypants

report it and then make a new one called “it’s a park – slow the **** down, you morons” ?

ricky1
    Free Member

It’s situations like this what makes me think that roadies want it all,they want to be respected on the road and be given the whole road to take up whilst talking to buddy and treated in a “safe manor”.
    And on the other hand they expect adults and children,old age pensioners,small lambs,bunnies and mountain bikers to move out of the way and let Bradley wiggins wanna be(never will be) ruin your day………..but the roadie is always right isn’t he/her.

benji
    Free Member

It’s situations like this what makes me think that roadies want it all

Aren’t we talking about off road segments?

It’s a bike we are all cyclists 🙄 (when will the segregation ever end)

ricky1
    Free Member

Thanks for pointing that out,I didn’t know it was an off-road section in a park,strava should remove it then,as for the dicks that ride it well they give us all a bad name,I ride up in the mountains out of the way reducing the risk of running into the general public,I always respect walkers ,even stop to talk to most of them,I don’t ride roads as there’s so many drivers on the phone and texting and just being total dicks I feel it’s not worth the hassle,hope they sort this out though.

RustySpanner

molgrips – Member

Christ, Binners, you’re not last? How the hell did that happen?

Waves at molgrips.
    🙂

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Yeah its an off road park segment

Some good ideas, and coincidentally since this thread was live Strava replied to me (after 2 weeks – off to get foil hat) to thank me for my enquiry and basically say just keep flagging it ie they cant help

cheers

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s situations like this what makes me think that roadies want it all

Of course, it’s not necessarily the same roadies who are complaining about safety and going too fast on cycle paths. Roadies aren’t all the same, but you knew that, didn’t you?

poah
    Free Member

AlasdairMc – Member

just get the KOM yourself, you know you want to…

its probably because the OP can’t get the KOM lol

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sick of Strava-ists and wannabe racers in the park’ is closed to new replies.